Options

Few Networking Questions.

1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can you Connect two routers with a switch? Is there any advantage over connecting router to router through the Serial Cable?

How long can a Segment length be for 100BaseT with the Use of Repeaters. (Read something somewhere that the NICs have a time limit on the data sent or something??)

Are there any new concepts or ideas for Network devices? Or will we just improve upon routers? Combine some features of Routers, Switches and Bridges???

Thanks.
Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, I think a router already does what a hub and switch does, plus the routing part as well. So I don't know how to combine them anymore. I don't see why you couldn't connect 2 routers with a switch. I would think a direct connection through serial cable would be better though. For the length part, read this little tidbit....

hope thaat helps
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ok thats makes since now, I forgot about the whole CSMA/CD algorithm, Lol.
    Thanks again.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    1Ste wrote:
    Ok thats makes since now, I forgot about the whole CSMA/CD algorithm, Lol.
    Thanks again.

Quick question....the certs you are working for you list in you sig, is that the order you want to obtain each cert, or just the particular certs you're interested in?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    The Order I want to attain them in, I can always change if theres a better way.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1Ste wrote:

1Ste why are you pursuing your MCSE after your CCIE? If at all?
    -network analyst
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    1Ste wrote:
    Can you Connect two routers with a switch? Is there any advantage over connecting router to router through the Serial Cable?

How long can a Segment length be for 100BaseT with the Use of Repeaters. (Read something somewhere that the NICs have a time limit on the data sent or something??)

Are there any new concepts or ideas for Network devices? Or will we just improve upon routers? Combine some features of Routers, Switches and Bridges???

Thanks.
    Remember to turn off DHCP on routers if you are using a dchp server or multiple routers...
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    sart wrote:
    1Ste wrote:

1Ste why are you pursuing your MCSE after your CCIE? If at all?

I have to edit it. I gotta change that.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    Concerning your previous question, don't worry too much about bridges. They are hard to come by nowadays. As far as connecting 2 routers via serial cable. There are plenty of avantages. And yes, you can connect 2 routers with a switch.