Options

Materials for CCNA Security

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys
So since my CCNA R&S is done (feels great btw) I am gathering study materials for the CCNA Security I plan on taking in 2017. I currently have 2 1841s with 384MB and 64MB flash and 3 2950s and 3 throw away routers. I'm just looking to get experience with CCP and get used to interface. O also have the official cert guide, live lessons DVD and Chris Bryants videos. Since I used Boson Netsim it is time to get some good equipment. Will the materials I have get me through the cert or will I need to upgrade. I also have CCP on a disc so that is no problem.

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What version of the IOS do you have?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Running version 15 on both routers.
  • Options
    My Bad on that one. Are you using the base license or the security license. Do a " show version " and " show license feature " there re a few thing you can't do with out the security version of the IOS. Also please paste the results.
  • Options
    Let me power on my routers and check. With my new RAM/Flash upgrade, I will need to check that they are working properly.
  • Options
    I looked and I saw the k9 so I believe this is a security image. Is that what you mean? I will have to power on my routers tomorrow. Also, if that is not the case, how can I get a hold of a security based image to tftp or xmodem to my 1841s?
  • Options
    Razio, why did you copy and say everything I said in my previous post. It doesn't make any sense why you did that.

Just found out my 64MB flash memory I bought has failed. It will boot into Rommon mode when I put it in but when I switch back to 32MB flash, it boots IOS properly (POST, Bootstrap etc.) everything. Well, at least I got this flash for free since it didn't arrive on time and I will just have to order some new flash memory.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    did you do a dir flash: at the rommon prompt to see what is on the flash card
  • Options
    That is correct you need the security image for the routers. The base image is missing some option you will need.
  • Options
    So I checked the flash and when I run dir flash, nothing happens and no output is displayed. I gave it to my friend to see with his router and he had the same problem.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it is dir flash: you do need the colon at the end. I was just thinking of checking if there was an ios on the cf. even if there wasn't one, it should tell you the size of the flash though.