Passed SSCP!

KiengKoopaKiengKoopa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the SSCP exam today. Just wanted to take the time and thank this forum for guidance and folks sharing their personal experiences. I found the test to be a bit tricky in regards to the multiple choices that were available. You really have to be sure of your answers because there can be two potentially correct answers, but deciding which is BEST is the difficult part. I studied for a little less than 2 months and used the following resources...

1. Darrill Gibson's AIO - Very easy book to read. I used this as my primary resource
2. Evernote - Awesome for taking notes. This made it easy for me to review each chapter and highlight key points extremely helpful
3. CCCure SSCP Study Notes - I used this after completing the AIO book and reviewing the notes I took. Any new terms or concepts I wasn't familiar with I would research.

Practice Tests: I only did the practice tests that came with the AIO CD.

Comments

• newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am taking mine on April 9th, how is the practice test on the CD compared to the actual test?

By the way, is there a way to view the correct answers on the CD and the ones you got wrong? every time I take a test it just shows my score, nothing else. I am a bit pissed! I went to the options and tried changing it around but still doesn't change!
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    So are you an associate now? My question is, would it even be ideal for someone who isn't in IT Security field yet to go for the SSCP and wait until they have enough experience to go for the CISSP?
  • KiengKoopaKiengKoopa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    newjack wrote: »
    Congrats! I am taking mine on April 9th, how is the practice test on the CD compared to the actual test?

By the way, is there a way to view the correct answers on the CD and the ones you got wrong? every time I take a test it just shows my score, nothing else. I am a bit pissed! I went to the options and tried changing it around but still doesn't change!

I wouldn't say its a good comparison to the actual test but it does a good job of checking your understanding. The questions on the CD I find are more straight forward and you can probably answer them without second guessing.

I think to view the correct answers, you'll have to use the Quiz mode. It will then tell if you the answer was correct
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • KiengKoopaKiengKoopa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    So are you an associate now? My question is, would it even be ideal for someone who isn't in IT Security field yet to go for the SSCP and wait until they have enough experience to go for the CISSP?

Thanks! I still have to go through the endorsement process. I initially thought the same thing and was just going to go straight for the CISSP but after speaking with several colleagues and seeing several posts, I think its a good idea to do the SSCP exam first. For someone who isn't currently in the security field, I think the SSCP will help quite a bit in regards to knowledge.
  • VeeiVeei Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed my CISSP and was thinking whether the SSCP might be a good one to throw on my resume as well (after a deserved break from passing the CISSP, of course, lol).

I thought the SSCP was more technical in nature than the CISSP? The CISSP is crazy broad but not too deep.
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the SSCP!!!

In regards to the SSCP before CISSP path that is exactly how I took them. I passed the SSCP back in August and passed the CISSP last week. The SSCP is definitely the more technical of the two exams. For the CISSP I did review my SSCP notes/docs but they went deeper into a lot of topics than was needed for the CISSP.

Honestly, I wouldn't wait too long between taking the two exams...no more than 6-8 months (if possible.)
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    I'm thinking of doing SSCP first and then eventually the CISSP.
    I think it make sense.

Good to show professional growth at annual.

Then CISSP, .......