Options

Exam on 14 April: Tension Building Up

sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All

My Exam is scheduled on 14 April 2015. I am referring to 11th Hour and my own notes which I made during my preparation. I am getting more and more tense as the date is coming closer.

I need suggestions and advice from you guys. Also can anybody provide me link for CISSP Sunflower Notes.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Relax. Take a deep breath. You will pass. Think positive. Think about passing -- the mental state that you enter the exam with plays a larger part than you know in determining the outcome.

Review the study guides below as well. I would not use them as the authoritative sources, some of them do have some small mistakes, use them as a refresher of areas you may have forgotten in your studies.

Sunflower Study Notes
    http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf

John Wallhoff Study Notes:
    http://www.scillani.se/assets/pdf/The_International_CISSP_Summary.pdf

Michael Overly & Eric Allaire Study Notes:
    https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/Cram-Study-Guide-for-the-CISSP-Exam

Trottet Review Notes:
    Fast Files - Share your files for FREE!
  • Options
    Thanks for the valuable advice and the noted. Appreciated mate.
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm also taking the exam on the 14th and I feel oddly calm. However, I have taken the rest of the week off to study!
  • Options
    Same here I also took three days off and I also have a weekend after that. I hope we should make it. Preparing again for CISSP is a though i never thought of.
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    papadoc wrote: »

Has anyone been able to download this file?

Disregard. I figured it out.
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    sbilal wrote: »
    I am getting more and more tense as the date is coming closer.

Another "I'm feeling tense" post?!? Geez Louise!

Honestly, I'm not trying to a be rude, but here's a news flash: everyone who takes this exam feels tense! So I'm not exactly sure what you expect us to do about your "tension" other than to do what everyone else does - suck it up and take the exam.

And if this exam has got you so wound up you it's effecting your health, then perhaps you should reconsider taking it. It's just a test, if you don't pass, you don't pass. Pick yourself up and try again. But all this bellyaching about stress...as Justin Timberlake would say - "Cry me a river"
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Spin Lock wrote: »

Honestly, I'm not trying to a be rude, but here's a news flash: everyone who takes this exam feels tense! So I'm not exactly sure what you expect us to do about your "tension" other than to do what everyone else does - suck it up and take the exam.

And if this exam has got you so wound up you it's effecting your health, then perhaps you should reconsider taking it. It's just a test, if you don't pass, you don't pass. Pick yourself up and try again. But all this bellyaching about stress...as Justin Timberlake would say - "Cry me a river"

It's a public forum, some people like to vent their anxiety or frustration on a forum where people actually understand what they're talking about. It's a $600 6-hour 250 question test, and I can tell you that when I talked about it with friends, nobody quite grasped the gravity of it. To be honest, it helps you be more relaxed when going into the test when you've talked to other sympathetic people. If you find posts like this annoying, then why don't you just choose not to participate in them?
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Spin Lock wrote: »

I was so tense when I took the exam that I couldnt even sign my name for the test proctor. My hand was shaking so bad waiting for the test results to print out! But all good things come at a price. Hard work and perseverance pays off and this brief anxiety will be but dust in the wind.

For some reason, I was even more nervous when I got tear gassed for the first time in Air Force training...
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    seigex wrote: »
    It's a public forum, some people like to vent their anxiety or frustration on a forum where people actually understand what they're talking about. It's a $600 6-hour 250 question test, and I can tell you that when I talked about it with friends, nobody quite grasped the gravity of it. To be honest, it helps you be more relaxed when going into the test when you've talked to other sympathetic people. If you find posts like this annoying, then why don't you just choose not to participate in them?

Fair point seigex. It's a free country. I should have just ignored rather than responded....maybe the stress is getting to me icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
  • Options
    Hey Spin Lock

Thanks for your post but really no thanks. I really don't want to be rude with you mate. It is a public forum and this is a forum that takes thoughts, suggestions, experiences , perceptions , advice, notes, and at the top a helping hand to all those aspirants who want to pass this exam. I have been on this forum from quite a long time but i never saw such a reply which you posted . If you don't like my depression and anxiety better back off.
    if I pass this exam and later some one posts the same thing which I am going through , i would never ever reply the way you replied. Rather i would make his/her morals high and boost him/her with a piece of advice.

Thanks
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Chill sbilal.

We have all been there. Take a deep breath and relax.

There are many posts in this forum from people who passed and how they did it.
    You know what you need to do.
    Concentrate on the high level concepts and use your experience.
    If you don't pass, Study harder and take it again.
    If this was easy, everybody would do it...and the CISSP would not have much value.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    seigex wrote: »

Totally agree. When i used to talk with my coworkers and friends about it, their first word was "wow" followed by "really" and then the "why?" Still, they did not understand, I think you do need to either have taken the test or be familiar with the field to understand how tough this test is, mentally most of all. So I think the OP does have a point to feel anxious. I was somewhat anxious too. I deal with stress easier when I'm on my own and on my own world, so when I was about to take the exam, I took 3 days off, before the weekend and scheduled it in the middle of the week. I didn't tell anyone and no one bothered me about it. After I passed, I let people know.

Sometimes it is better to vent online than in person i guess, depends on the situation.
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    MentalityMentality Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Chuzpah wrote: »
    I'm also taking the exam on the 14th and I feel oddly calm.

Same here EXACTLY!
    My exam is on the 14th and I am being so ice cold, I don't know if that's the calm before the storm or if it's simply me thinking it's a lose/lose situation.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Mentality wrote: »
    Same here EXACTLY!
    My exam is on the 14th and I am being so ice cold, I don't know if that's the calm before the storm or if it's simply me thinking it's a lose/lose situation.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

It's not, I felt the same way. It means you're mentally prepared and ready. A little bit of nerves is normal, getting freaked out over this exam is not. The more prep you do, the better you will feel. I walked into the test center feeling very calm because I had already calculated in my head that I would not let a failure scenario distract me in anyway from getting the certification. It's not about how you celebrate your success, it's how you mentally prepare yourself for a failure scenario that will help you more. I already had my "failure plan" written out, as to what I would study and drill more if required, contingent on receiving the "weakest domains" letter breakdown. If you do this, you will see that you will be a lot calmer walking in.