Options

Passed CISSP April 8, 2015

georgepostelnicugeorgepostelnicu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

My experience: I'm a PKI Security Engineer and have been working in IT security for over 8 years.

Time taken to study: 2 weeks / 14 intensive study days - 12 hours a day.
I used the following books:
J. Stewart - CISSP Study Guide, 6th Edition, 2012
E. Conrad - CISSP Study Guide, 2nd Edition, 2012.

I took notes and highlighted the concepts that I had the feeling I didn't master well.

Other tools I used:
1. CBT Nuggets - ISC2 Security CISSP (Keith Barker)
2. ********* Version 17 -(1373 Questions)
3. McGraw-Hill Practice Exam.
4. CISSP 6th Edition All-in-One Total Tester

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Seems like you used some dubious questions set. But congrats anyway.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats! 12 hours a day of studying?! You needed this cert to keep your job or something? :D
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Seems like you used some dubious questions set. But congrats anyway.

ohhhh im telling

....an congrats
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222

My experience: I'm a PKI Security Engineer and have been working in IT security for over 8 years.

I took notes and highlighted the concepts that I had the feeling I didn't master well.

Other tools I used:

Ha, I just did it just like you... took two weeks to study for the test. Other than that, every minute of sleep was a minute lost of studying. Congrats and I know you were glad to get it in!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will never congrat this guy, he just violated the hetical part with the question.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Congrats for passing using brain ****.

What do you think helped the most..
    the eric conrad book or the brain ****?
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm probably lost here but I use to think CISSP don't have **** or am I missing something?
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Braindumps? Where does he mention he used braindumps? Sure, 2 weeks of cramming isn't what I'd consider the best way to learn and prep, but it's not the same as braindumping - which I've always understood to mean cheating (memorising the real exam questions). But surely, with the tight security around the testing centres, the ever-changing questions, the fact it appears that everyone has a different exam experience, and the sheer vast quantity of questions one would have to commit to memory, braindumping CISSP is just not possible? I can't even remember a single question on my exam, and that was just two months ago!

Or am I being naive and missing something here? Please tell me the CISSP exam I put my heart and soul and every waking minute of 6 months of my life into passing, cannot be cheated with braindumps, like the infamous MCSE exams of bygone days. If it can be cheated so easily, then it's worthless icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    My bad. I Misspoke.
    Apologies to George.
    Congratulations on passing.

I think it's just a matter of time before the CISSP is comprimized though.
    Once upon a time, back in the bygone days, I was taking a cert test at a New Horizons test center.
    While taking the test, some of the instructors at the training center ( who were also the test proctors) came in the testing room and began taking a test at one of the workstations.
    Thought it was kind of odd because these guys were the instructors for the training classes and they were suppose to be the test proctors watching me so I didn't ****.
    They were all sitting at one workstation, writing down the questions and answers to whatever test they were taking.

That place eventually went out of business.

Don't think that kind of thing would happen at a perason vue these days but there are other ways people can gain an advantage.

For example, when someone violates the NDA and mentions what may or may not be on the test.
    Also to what degree someone should concentrate on particular subjects.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Braindumps? Where does he mention he used braindumps? Sure, 2 weeks of cramming isn't what I'd consider the best way to learn and prep, but it's not the same as braindumping - which I've always understood to mean cheating (memorising the real exam questions). But surely, with the tight security around the testing centres, the ever-changing questions, the fact it appears that everyone has a different exam experience, and the sheer vast quantity of questions one would have to commit to memory, braindumping CISSP is just not possible? I can't even remember a single question on my exam, and that was just two months ago!

Or am I being naive and missing something here? Please tell me the CISSP exam I put my heart and soul and every waking minute of 6 months of my life into passing, cannot be cheated with braindumps, like the infamous MCSE exams of bygone days. If it can be cheated so easily, then it's worthless icon_sad.gif
    You did good putting in your 6 months, many have done the same, me included. If you noticed his post had some asterisks, keyword that was flagged or edited by the mods. There are braindumbs basically for every cert now, that is the truth. Myself I would rather learn something and really feel that I did it on my own than use some questionable question banks. Experience does help though and this guy seems to have some experience on the field, still that does not justify the means used to pass.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sure that he didn't see any of those "brain ****" questions on the real test. The most benefit you can ever get from CISSP **** is just a feel for the wording of the questions. so with that in mind, i will still say congrats :)
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Somebody showed me a "brain ****" they paid for and used to study for the test (btw they failed). I looked at the first 3 questions on the **** and they were the exact same questions you get on CCCure or the McGraw Test .. complete with the same references to the AIO & Official Study Guide you see during CCCure study mode. They looked nothing like the actual questions for the test.
  • Options
    georgepostelnicugeorgepostelnicu Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Braindumps? Where did I mentioned something about braindumps? I used only test books that you can buy from Amazon: CISSP Practice: 2,250 Questions, Answers, and Explanations for Passing the Test. And to pass this exam I worked hard, as I said: 2 weeks / 14 intensive study days - 12 hours a day with 8 years of information security experience under my belt.
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□

Other tools I used:

May be he is referring to *** Item#2. May be filter thinks it a ****.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Google "CISSP" + version 17 + 1373 Questions...

Yeah, you totally didn't use ****...
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So George, no **** eh? Then tell me what is that resource that got flagged with the asterisks.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Google "CISSP" + version 17 + 1373 Questions...

Yeah, you totally didn't use ****...

I did cause I was trying to figure out what he used. If you actually click into those **** sites the amount of questions is different then what the google result shows.... Definitely curious what he used.

Congratz though! I'm going to assume he passed legitimately. I've seen legit sites get blocked on here before. Not often, but I've seen it.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, totally not guilty. Search returns your post and the ****! icon_scratch.gif

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna