Options

ITIL Passed! :D

thewrongadvicethewrongadvice Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

I passed the ITIL today just about an hour ago. Thanks for all the great advice around the forums.

I am in the process of streamlining my notes to share with you all soon.

I studied for 20 hours in total over the course of three days. It wasn't cramming, I read the book by Liz Gallacher and took notes and 3 sample exams. From the sample exams, two of which were in the book - I reviewed the topics for the ones I missed. I created a quick review sheet of the overall topics and then used some acronyms to remember those (didn't really use the acronyms, but they did help out on a few questions to point my thinking in the right direction) I also reviewed the mind maps from ITIL Training Zone right before the exam (one question I was able to answer quickly because it was the last thing I read from the mind map!)

Overall, the book did a great job teaching the material from the ground up. I'm semi-familiar to Service Management, being in the field for less than a year, but still I'd say my knowledge level would be at beginner. If things are confusing, just re-read and push through. Once I read the book in it's entirety, when I went back to review concepts from the first few chapters, everything made a lot more sense. I also re-read the objective, purpose and scope for all the major processes.

Good luck to everyone else! I'm onto completing Network+ now :)

Comments