Options

Pased SSCP -- Endorsement questions

newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed SSCP I used the AIO PLuralsight videos and Studisight questions.

The AIO is very good in covering most of the exam. There were quite a few questions that I didnt see in the book. And a lot of material that was covered that wasn't on the exam. With that being said, the exam wasn't as difficult as the questions as StudiScope and I think are a waste of money. The test in itself I thought would be a bit harder. I finished the test in 1.5 hours and took 30 min to review.

My endorsement questions.. I will me submitting my resume for review to ISC2 and they mentioned to put down places you've worked for the past 60 months. Does that mean places I've worked through college as well, such as Best Buy? I don't have my supervisors phone number and only worked there for 2 months as a temp.

Time to relax and move to CISSP.

Comments

• Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    You only have to use the places you've worked where they are relevant to the domains, and honestly only enough to cover the requirement, though it won't hurt to put more than the amount required for qualification just to be safe.

For each place, list the number of months of work related to the domain, describe how the work applies to the domain ensuring, that you cover at least one year of experience in at least 1 of the SSCP domains, and include a contact number for the supervisor who can verify you did what you say you did.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    newjack wrote: »
    Just passed SSCP I used the AIO PLuralsight videos and Studisight questions.

The AIO is very good in covering most of the exam. There were quite a few questions that I didnt see in the book. And a lot of material that was covered that wasn't on the exam. With that being said, the exam wasn't as difficult as the questions as StudiScope and I think are a waste of money. The test in itself I thought would be a bit harder. I finished the test in 1.5 hours and took 30 min to review.

My endorsement questions.. I will me submitting my resume for review to ISC2 and they mentioned to put down places you've worked for the past 60 months. Does that mean places I've worked through college as well, such as Best Buy? I don't have my supervisors phone number and only worked there for 2 months as a temp.

Time to relax and move to CISSP.

The ISC2 is looking for verifiable experience in the security industry as a whole and what it is that qualifies your experience. Say you worked part time in the computer lab which involved some physical security, checking folks in and out, etc. For sake of discussion here you also worked as a fry cook at Burger King. I would skip the burger joint experience altogether as its unrelated to vetting your security experience and simply stick to the lab experience.

College is only worth one year off the experience requirement anyway. What the ISC2 is hoping you'll put down is more real world work experience for the four years after college.

-b/eads
  • Options
    Great, thank you!
  • Options
    SSCP only requires 1 year in 1 of the 7 domains, and according to the endorsement form, there's no year off for college.
  • Options
    Does it make the process go quicker if I have proof of where I work? Is it necessary? I don't feel like waiting till tomorrow to submit this! When you submit your resume, do you submit your full resume, or do you exclude everything else and only put the jobs that you've entered on the form?

Or am I reading this wrong, do you only submit the applicant form given by ISC2?
  • Options
    newjack wrote: »
    Does it make the process go quicker if I have proof of where I work? Is it necessary? I don't feel like waiting till tomorrow to submit this! When you submit your resume, do you submit your full resume, or do you exclude everything else and only put the jobs that you've entered on the form?

Or am I reading this wrong, do you only submit the applicant form given by ISC2?

Proof is required. If you're being endorsed by someone then they are suppose to verify what you say is true, if it's being sent to, or ends up being audited by (ISC)2, they will not endorse you without having proof of where you work. Otherwise, there's no point in doing the endorsement since anybody could write anything. It's not a full resume, but a modified resume. Here's a link to an example I posted on a CISSP thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/109710-passed-my-cissp-exam-first-try-04-03-2015-a.html#post928947

If you don't have an endorsement already, you have to use this form for ISC2 to endorse you: https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/certification_programs/applicant-endorsement-help-sscp.pdf instead of the normal endorsement form. It will take a bit longer, but it's better than no endorsement! Also I know you don't want to wait until tomorrow to submit it, but if you submit it wrong, it'll still take the same time for them to kick it back to you, but then you'll have extra processing days anyway to resubmit and for them to reverify, so better to get it done right the first time.
  • Options
    I just contacted HR and they told me I have to give ISC2 my SS# for them to do an employee verification check. I work for a large corp and I don't feel comfortable giving ISC2 my SS# via email.

I already have my manager down as contact, but do I really have to send my company name and SS# for a employee verification check?

Do I have to give them proof, or can I just not provide proof and it will take a little longer?