Options

If you get a BS-Security from WGU, would they automatically take you for MSISA?

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
Say you are scheduled to graduate from their BS-IT Security degree next month and express your interest to continue your studies with them and the MSISA Degree, is there some chance of them denying you?
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No they shouldn't. Since you have a security related degree you should be fine.
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    Nyblizzard wrote: »
    Say you are scheduled to graduate from their BS-IT Security degree next month and express your interest to continue your studies with them and the MSISA Degree, is there some chance of them denying you?

The odds are extremely likely you'll be accepted.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is from WGU's website:

To Qualify for the M.S. Information Security and Assurance Program, Applicants Must:

• Apply for admission.
    • Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
    • Demonstrate IT security experience through at least one of the following three methods:
      • Have earned a bachelor’s degree in IT security or IT networking that covers at least two CISSP CBK domains. (You can find the domains listed here.)
      • Hold a CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, or GCWN certification that was earned within the last five years.
      • Submit a resume for review showing recent significant IT security experience, of at least three years, which demonstrates at least two CISSP CBK domains.

You already qualify because of your WGU security degree. Furthermore, you don't have to go through the normal admissions process because you would be considered a continuing education (grad) student of WGU. You would go through the Continuing Education department to re-enroll. Admissions can give you their contact info.

Good luck!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I called about this a few weeks ago, they said I'd be considered a continuing education student since I already graduated from there with the pre-req degree.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I got into MSISA with just having a Bachelors, Network+, Security+ and covering at least 2 CISSP domains on my resume. Having a B.S. in Security should qualify you already. Good luck buddy.
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if you have 2 month left in your semester and u finish your BS. you can ask them to put you in the masters program and you wont have to pay for those 2 months left. you can finish as many classes as you can. per my mentor
  • Options
    nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can only finish two classes during your bachelor term. I finished my BS IT - Security early also and was able to work on some MSISA classes and the form you have to sign clearly states two classes, and you can only take one at a time.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Options
    BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    I did complete the WGU BS IT Security program. Was really leaning torward the MSISA until my director pointed out that an MBA would help me be more rounded. It made since for my plans so I enrolled in the MBA IT Management program. I will most likely go back for the MSISA after I am done with the MBA
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)