Options

Where to After CISSP?

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
While I'm definitely taking the weekend off I definitely want to keep rolling along so not to lose any momentum. With that, where should one proceed after the CISSP? Obviously, interest is important and I'm pretty sure I know where I'd like to head. I do a lot of compliance and investigative work for a living. My Masters will definitely cover the penetration aspects of the job as well as the investigations. So I was thinking about going for CISA and CRISC. Thoughts? Would one be better to do immediately after the CISSP? Seems a lot of people go to the CISA after CISSP. Thanks in advance!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I ended up pursuing the CISM after the CISSP and it was much easier IMO since there was a smaller range of topics/domains. However with that said I could see how in your case the CISA would be useful and could help bolster your resume as well.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CISSP-ISSAP if you are looking to deepen your technical knowledge. Or ISSEP if you are looking for a cert with emphasis on legal and standards stuff. ISACA stuff looks to me like something more of a parallel certification path than a continuation after CISSP.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Be one of the cool kids and pursue the OSCP!
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    I completed the CISA after CISSP but that was only because it was a company requirement for all consultants, it depends on where you want to take your career.

I have a (current) keen interest in security testing and analysis so am working toward OSCP personally but I am probably going to get CTSA, CTSP, CWSA and CAST for CREST prior to that as work want offer security testing services of clients.

Additional; it wont take much to get ready for CISA after CISSP, although I did my CISSP quite a while before my CISA, I also work in Compliance and Auditing and completed about 2 weeks of studying to pass CISA
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah eventually I will do the OSCP, but one of my graduate courses is in hacking so I will complete that first. Same price as OSCP :) Thanks all!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff