Options

Passed the SSCP yesterday

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
I had been studying part time for the CISSP while taking classes. When ISC2 announced the exam revision, I didn't feel that I would be ready in time, so I switched to the SSCP.

Primary sources were the AIO and the CBT nuggets videos, which I want through both twice. I don't think they gave complete coverage of the exam and the CISSP material definitely helped. For last minute review I focused on the exam tips, chapter summaries, and my flashcards. For flash cards I use an app called gFlash+. I create the cards in a google docs spread sheet and then import them into the app.

I do not work with anyone that is ISC2 certified. Would anyone here be willing to consider endorsing me? If so, can you send me a PM?

I'm considering the CHFI for my next exam and then the CISSP early next year.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    If you don't know anyone who is in a position to endorse you (this should be someone who has known you long enough and can verify your experience) you can use ISC2 to complete the endorsement.

I used ISC2 for both my CISSP and SSCP as I didn't have a single qualified person that could validate my entire experience
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Andy!

I'm also trying to study for CISSP in between classes. I'm debating on finishing my bachelors first and knocking out an ITIL, SANS, GIAC cert that would also have course equivalency with classes I still need to kill 2 birds with one stone.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received my confirmation email today. The endorsement process took 7 weeks.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    I received my confirmation email today. The endorsement process took 7 weeks.

Welcome to the ISC(2) club!
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can use isc2 to endorse you.
    send resume and other information they request.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations - I'm still waiting for my SSCP endorsement.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□