Options

Passed CISSP April 10th

marcuscambymarcuscamby Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
About me: IT operations for 5 years and IT audit for 4 years

Time taken to study: I took the exam last year in February and failed. After learning that ISC2 was going to change the format of the exam on March 19th, I decided to take the exam for the second time before April 15th, and on March 20th I registered for the exam.

March 21 - April 8: Studied on average 14 to 16 hours each day.

Book(s) used:
1- Shon Harris (Read the book twice - very helpful)
2. 11th Hour -Eric Conrad (Read the chapter on telecommunications and got bored...)
3. Exam Cram CISSP 3rd edition
4. Sunflower (went over it on the train on my way to the exam center)

For practicing:
1. McGraw-Hill Practice Exam (Helpful)
2. CISSP 6th Edition All-in-One Total Tester (Helpful)
4. CCCure scenario based practice questions (Not helpful)
5. CCCure paid version (Helpful)

My Tips:

1. Read questions carefully
2. Re-read
3. Re-re-read

I completed the exam in 4h35, wend thought flagged questions and only changed 4 out the 15. I wanted to go over all the questions for a second time, but felt exhausted mentally and decided to leave. Overall, I feel like my experience in the field helped 50%, book reading 30%, and practice questions 20%. The exam itself was fair....

Good luck to everyone taking the exam before the 15th.

Comments

• Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Congrats! I take mines in the morning. I plan to walk in, look that computer in the monitor and ask it if it's ready to be my !@$%#
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    14 hrs a day for 3 weeks? really?
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!!!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RiverLiverRiverLiver Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I take mine on Tuesday. I have this weekend to cram and fill in weak spots, etc. I scheduled my exam date back in late January and I've used most of the resources that the OP used but I actually feel like I peaked a few weeks ago. I've been getting nothing but upper 80s on all ccure tests, even choosing un-attempted questions only option. Similar with Total Tester. But I almost feel like I burned myself out cramming. (And RIP Shon Harris but I just can't listen to any more of the audio lessons)

I'm feeling very non-focused right now which is making me antsy about the test. Probably normal but I really want my life back so hoping to have a good result to report on Tuesday.
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    thehayn1 wrote: »
    14 hrs a day for 3 weeks? really?

14-16 hours per day, I was also astounded by that. I could not sit and read or do tests for longer than 2-3 hours at a time.
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats! Please tell me how you managed to stay up without falling asleep for 14 hours a day of studying.