Options

Passed CISSP Today

Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
Hey all,

Passed the CISSP today and I don't know if it was because I studied so hard (really drilled the Shon Harris 6th Edition AIO) or my few years of infosec experience helped, but I found the exam to be kinda easy. I personally thought GSEC was harder. But then again all of my certs are in the Security realm of IT, so I've just been immersed in the subject matter for the last 2 years. I finished in 4 hours and honestly, by question 30, I knew I was goint to pass! I don't even feel like the 1st 100 questions were a challenge, but again I've been tested and have studied this subject matter quite a bit in the last couple of year. YMMV. Big thanks to everyone who has posted in the forum with advice and their own personal results.

Study plan: 3 Months (A couple of hours a day)

-AIO 6th Edition
-AIO Practice Exams 2nd edition (and the online quizzes) are both harder than the actual exam in my opinion. Did the whole book and all the online quizzes. Never scored 80% or above on any of the online quizzes.
- I have Conrad 2nd Edition, but found it boring (go figure, lol). Didn't put any real time into it.
-http://www.scillani.se/assets/pdf/The_International_CISSP_Summary.pdf

Think I'm going toput off more certs and just focus on trying to get into grad school and obtaining a Masters, researching programs but Penn State world has my interest. I like what I read about that Master of Information Science: Cyber Security and Assurance program.

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Looks like the hard work paid off, I have actually been considering the Penn State World Campus as well, it seems to be a great program.
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heck yeah! It's refreshing to see someone post with such confidence after putting the time into it. Sounds like you kicked the exam's ass!

Congratulations on the hard work, focus, and success.
    Cheers!
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for the pdf, wish I had that sooner(exam is on Tuesday), I think I like it more than sunflower.
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Khaos! Checking out that pdf.