Options

How to handle these questions?

CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
So as I've been taking CISSP practice exams I've came across several questions that I wasn't sure of the answer, but some of the possible answers were terms/words that I had at least heard of during my studies and thought could possibly be right ..but also had terms/words that I had not came across while studying but sounded like they were the best answer.

Hopefully that makes sense, so how do you handle that situation? Go with the term that you've actually heard of but can't remember what exactly it relates to, or go with the term that you don't remember learning at all during studying, but sounds more correct than the other answers?

As I'm sure most know (ISC)2 throws in terms that sound correct but are just made up to throw you off. For this reason I usually just go with the term that that I actually remember studying, even if there is another answer that sounds correct but I haven't heard of. On the flip side of that, maybe the answer that sounds most correct is in fact right, and the material I studied didn't go over it or I simply don't remember it.

Comments

• Options
    justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FWIW, I sometimes recognize the word not previously encountered in this context and understand how it's actual English word definition would or wouldn't apply in the context of the question.

I've had it go both ways, though - sometimes right, sometimes wrong on the practice tests, such as digression used as possible (wrong) answer, when I knew the proper term was regression (not even listed as one of the possible valid types of testing). One I missed was revocation, when we use less formal terminology at my job.