Options

Finally.. I passed CISSP today

Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally, I passed CISSP today after failing twice in 2011...Thanks to this forum for valuable posts. I have studied two months like around two hours every day and 4-5 hours on weekends. I have booked an exam before starting the study which helped me to reach to exam goal and do the study accordingly.

Resources used…
1. Official ISC2 seminar handbook version 12.0 (primary resource)
2. CISSP study guide Conrad 2nd edition (cover to cover)
3. Shon Harris practice exam guide 2nd edition ( 2 weeks before exam)
4. MH practice exams (didn't covered all due to time)
5. OIG study guide 3rd edition (end of chapter questions)
6. Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Practice Exams (Easy questions, but helped to use to for CBT)
7. Free Free CISSP Certification Training Class from Cybrary (very conception oriented and helped to clear the difficult concepts.. Thanks to Kelly – instructor)
8. Shon Harris mp3s (didn’t get time to cover all)

Day of exam:
Started early and reached to exam center 45 minutes before. I was first there so need to wait for few minutes. I got few minutes so just relaxed there. When I started my exam I was nervous for first few questions but just selected answers and flagged for review. This time I thought like manager and didn't think technical much.. Just carried on carried on and felt like I can make it. I took a break (8 minutes) after 150 questions to refresh and have some food to charge me again.. I was little slow after a break as I had plenty time I thought..:) I had hit 250th question and had 45 minutes left for review might be due to CBT. Initially I thought just finish it and leave early but my mind was not ready to lose another $600 so want to use whole time and review the questions.. I had reviewed only flagged questions those were around 30 and changed the answers for couple of questions only.
I was very relax this time and exam was not much difficult as expected.. I guess my positive feeling helped me to answer the questions.

Thanks again to this forum which encouraged me to try my final attempt =)
Best of luck for who is planning for CISSP exam !!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to keep at it! DONE!
  • Options
    Thanks. I forgot to mention mainly I got encourage from a thread of kalikan999.
    does anybody has an idea for time to take endorsement?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Thanks. I forgot to mention mainly I got encourage from a thread of kalikan999.
    does anybody has an idea for time to take endorsement?

Took me 4 weeks to the day, from when I turned my endorsement form in. Was fully endorsed two weeks ago today. There's a possibility it could take longer though since there's a rush to complete the certification prior to 4/15.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CISSP! welcome to the club.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice work this is an excellent certification, feel proud.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Congratulations !
    The endorsement phase isn't that bad but takes a while. You should receive and email from ISC in a day or two.
    Basically you submit your resume to your endorser. (make sure you don't mention cissp on your resume)
    the endorser verfies you have the experience and submits your paperwork to ISC.
    ISC reviews everything and you should get an email in 5 or 6 weeks with your cissp number.
    Takes another 6 to 8 weeks after that to get the actual paper cert.
  • Options
    Thank you all! Yeah i received an email from ISC2..Does endoser need to use his email to send endorser form, resume and certification (if any)?
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Yes,

Send everything to your CISSP endorser. The endorser verifies everything and signs off on it .
    The endorser emails everything to ISC.
  • Options
    rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!