Options

I'm done studying!!!!

staden18cstaden18c Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have the CISSP Exam scheduled for Monday morning at 0800.

So it’s Saturday night and I have been studying pretty much since the beginning of March. I have read, re-read and read again so many books and references, watched a ton of videos and ran thru at least a 1000 test questions.

Study stuff I’ve been using: read Shon Ain1 (with her test questions) at least twice, been constantly reading the 11th hour guide, plus reviewing several notes/study guides. I have watched all the Cybrary videos (by far the best training material yet) and CBT nuggets videos. Got the Code of Ethics from ISC2 and have been banging away at the Tranceder and pass 4 sure test engines. For the last week or so been knocking out 250Q tests (and scoring in the mid 80%)

Like it or not, I think I’m done! I have to drive to the test center on Sunday and spend the night to be there bright and early in the heart of Dallas at 0730. It’s a 3 hour drive and I don’t want to take the chance of being late or getting lost.

I have been in the IT field for 15 years, mostly on the Networking side. Now I’m one of those “management” types.
One thing I would like to point out…I’ve worked for the US Military since 1988, I am currently a Network Chief for a large Army installation and have spent time in NORAD, JSOC, the Middle East, and Europe working with lots of G2-Intel programs and operations. I have never come across a Bell-La Padula model, everything has always been Windoz!!!! And I hate the Orange book! HAHA
So I think it’s time for a few beers and some “brain” relax time!
At this point I’m just ready to take the test…pass or fail!
(ok maybe I’ll keep my 11th hour close by and read it a few more times!)

Comments

• Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I passed it today and trust me, you are more than ready! Good luck.

I left the testing center thinking, "Gosh, that was easy. What is all the fuss about on Tech exams? *shoulder shrug*"
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Sounds like you are ready!
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Like Khaos said, it's not bad if you learned the material. I read the AIO and 11th Hr Study guide and felt more than prepared. Just relax and it'll be over with soon. I have a feeling the majority that struggle with it are either bad test takers/too nervous about it, or they try to learn the test instead of learning the material.
  • Options
    RiverLiverRiverLiver Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great attitude! I'm sure you'll do great.

I take my exam on Tuesday and it can't get here soon enough.
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did he just say *********? I thought those were illegal (i.e.: exam ****)? Either way, sounds like you're doing the "due diligence" with the studying anyway! Im testing tuesday and feel the same way you do! Brain feels so saturated. lol
  • Options
    thehayn1 wrote: »
    Did he just say *********? I thought those were illegal (i.e.: exam ****)? Either way, sounds like you're doing the "due diligence" with the studying anyway! Im testing tuesday and feel the same way you do! Brain feels so saturated. lol

I haven't heard that pass 4 sure is illegal...looks just like trancender, McGraw-hill or any other testing bank software.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    I don't think it is illegal to use the pass 4 sure stuff.

Sounds like you are as ready as your going to be.
    Good luck and let us know how you do.

I'm thinking the test centers are going to be busy this week. ;)
  • Options
    So I saw in another thread where you passed! Congrats! Well? Well? Cmon' man! How was it?
  • Options
    So in the "for what it is worth" category: Turns out it was easier than I was expecting. I started at 8AM and was sitting in my car at 11 looking at my results paper. I didn't flag a questions or actually even go back and review...but that is just how I take CB-tests. There were a few questions that I had no idea about or even where those were in the realm of CISSP, then I remembered the 25 "test" questions.

I'm glad it is over! So to those still working to the goal; study smart, be prepare and get to know the security principles.

I gotta go gin up my resume and get my endorsement letter ready!

Go luck!
  • Options
    Awesome. Congrats, staden18c!
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not trying to start any trouble, as I stated in my previous post sounds like you were prepared, BUT I knew I could remember hearing that name "pass for sure" (note:if you type it together with no space and the letter 4 this forum will auto mask it) in an ICS2 ethics post somewhere.. and I found it, verbatim from ISC2 "
    spending money on “pass for sure guarantees;” fourth paragraph on the link below:

Protecting the Integrity of (ISC)² Certifications - (ISC)2 Blog
  • Options
    https://www.transcender.com/guarantee/default.aspx

I do see where you are coming from but for the record Tranceder has the same "pass for sure" guarantee.

Lots of places advertise as buy our product and you will pass, not sure that equals a brain **** or outright violation of the CoE.

CCCure charges for their test engine.
  • Options
    ashleyLashleyL Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    staden18c, CONGRATS! I've been looking for a exam generator besides Transcender and CCCure, I'm burnt out on those already (had them for the past 2 months), how'd you like the pass for sure?
  • Options
    rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations