Options

Passed CISSP first attempt on 04/11/2015

studycisspstudycissp Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have been following this forum from past 3 weeks. Thank you all for posting your experience and sharing combined study notes/ Sunflower pdf.

Background : I have around 7 years of experience in Identity management and I have been thinking about taking CISSP from 2010. Finally decided on taking the exam before it changes and booked by exam date on 03/19/2015 and started preparing for the exam.

Study material: I had 3 weeks to study, below is my study plan. I have spend around 10 hours daily studying.
First week : Watched CISSP nuggets video by Keith Barker for each domain and then study Eric Conrad second edition book.
I have also studied some of the concept from Shon Harris 6th edition book that was not clear in Eric Conrad book

I have completed this in 1 week

Second week: Watched CISSP nuggets video for each domain again and studied CISSP Eric Conrad 11th hour. I know that I need to study this book 2 days before the exam but I just wanted to brush up the concepts.

Third week : This week only revised my concepts using Sunflower pdf and CISSP combined notes from this forum I refer Eric Conrad or Shon Harris book if I don't remember or understand the concepts. I have download the shon harris mp3 and just listen to the review section for each domain and try to answer to the question or listen to her explanation.

Practise test : I have completed 250 question on eric conrad quiz engine and mhprofessional quiz engine. You would need to do this to make yourself comfortable to do 250 questions. exam will not be like the any of these practise test.

Exam day: As many of them on this forum told. All you need for the exam is to understand the concept. I used entire 6 hours. While doing the exam you would feel that you are not doing good and you will fail , But just don't give up. Just try to do your best. As every one on this forum telling Just try to approach the question as CEO/Manager.

My approach to the questions : First I wrote on the sheet THINK LiKE A CEO ( If you want to know why you need to think like CEO then read the thread by EASYPEEZY :So you want to be a CISSP…???

When I see the question I read the question twice and understand what the question is trying to convey to me ( I am NOT looking at the answer at this point) and ask my self " WHAT SHOULD THE ANSWER HAVE TO BE ? ( NOTE: If you already looked at the answers, then you will start justify your correct/wrong answer" If you can answer to this question and then look at the answers then you make the judgement in picking the right answer.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. Hope this will help someone

Comments