Options

Which is it?

jim70564jim70564 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK, I'm confused. I am currently using the TestOut program to earn my certifications. I passed the 70-270 exam a couple weeks ago. In the Printer section, I was taught that priority 99 was highest priority and 1 was the lowest. In the 70-290 curriculum, it is telling me that 1 is highest priority and 99 the lowest. Which is correct?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    99 is the highest priority, so a document with priority 2 prints before documents with priority 1.
    the 70-290 curriculum, it is telling me that 1 is highest priority and 99 the lowest
    The person who wrote that must be confused, which is somewhat logical because you could except something with priority 1 to have the highest, top, and first priority, but that's not the case. If you want a certain group of users to have a higher priority on a physical print device, you create a second logical printer with a higher priority value and assign permissions for that group only. Which in turn makes it kinda logical that 99 is actual a higher priority, because the default is 1, and you make exceptions by creating logical printers with a higher priority value.