Options

OSCP Journey :D

rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I began my OSCP journey yesterday.

I'll post here about my feelings towards this cert.

Brief background on me: Been in IT for 2YRS age 25. Currently a Sys Admin in Healthcare.
Reason for taking this challenge is that the next step in my career is to be on a "Red Team" and of course IT security intrigues the hell out of me like many of you.

Yesterday: I studied/read the pdf and watched some videos for about two hours.

I'm not a linux expert by any means and did some light prep work towards learning the OS before undertaking this journey.

I am ready to TRY HARDER. Actually, already have been :)

I'll update this every few days, right now I'm still delving into Netcat. Oh, and I purchased 60days of lab time... currently going thru a divorce, and single so I shouldn't have time issues putting in a minimum of 30 hours a week towards this (hopefully more).

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! Lots of people looking at this track/cert lately - and for good reason.
  • Options
    Thanks much YFZblu!

Already feel that it's the best investment in education that I've ever made. I'm at video 50, following along/ reading the PDF of course....

So far, 13.5 Hours in... The more you learn the more the mind wanders with the possibilities.

Tomorrow, I plan on watching an extra Bash Scripting video. I'll post that link here later for those interested. Definitely something that you should consider watching before attempting the course.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck. Keep at it and try harder!
  • Options
    Update:

Watched this last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjcSxyIIUc (BASH)

I do Windows System Admin duties for my job, consequently not much of a Linux guy.... (YET!!!!)

Had to go over a couple of Vivek's (SecurityTube) assembly language primer videos. Doing Buffer Overflows now...

BRB. More caffeine please.
  • Options
    BlingblamBlingblam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I enjoyed the OSCP cert. The worst part of it for me was the reporting lol... Document, Document, Document.