Options

Passed CISSP on 12 April 2015

sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All

Thanks to Al-Mighty(Allah), I passed my exam yesterday.It was a bit difficult and a bit easy. Conceptual off-course. But I made it at the end. Lots of memories associated with this exam and lot of time spend on it.
Firstly my main resouces:
1) AIO Shon Harris( Main Course recipe, I owe much to this lady)
2) Shon harris CBT( Helpful for grasping the concept)
3) Kelly Handerson Vedio( very helpful), God Bless the guys who pasted the link here
4) CISSP Combined Notes and last but not least
5) Tons of hours spend for studying.

Advice for the future aspirants:
Exam is concepual without any doubt. You need to understand why the technology is there and what security aspect is it fulfilling by wearing the cap of MANAGER.

Lastly I would really like to thank the guys here on this forum who put their experiences and advices for the CISSP aspirants.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    pemanpeman Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif Congrats
    What is the link for
    3) Kelly Handerson Vedio
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    srikkusrikku Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. Can I call you?
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Congrats and welcome to the club. Wish the best of luck for those who are taking the test today and tomorrow.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CISSP! welcome to the club.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    srikku wrote: »

The domains not the exam information itself changes on Wednesday, 15 Apr 15. Sheesh! Stop pestering people about the exam. If your not prepared enough to stand on your own two feet don't take the exam. You sound like your attempting to ****. We have more than enough questionable, ethically challenged, CISSP holders already. Please do not add to the already swollen ranks of cheaters.

If this message isn't clear enough I will resort to contacting you by phone. A throw away but a phone nonetheless.

- b/eads
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    beads wrote: »
    You sound like your attempting to ****.

Maybe he just wants to congratulate people over the phone. Give it that personal touch. :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    MentalityMentality Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sbilal wrote: »
    3) Kelly Handerson Vedio( very helpful), God Bless the guys who pasted the link here

You so welcome. :)

It's 6:50 right now my time, my exam is 14 hours, 10 minutes from now. (yes, I am counting the bloody hours!).

I'm half calm half anxious, but trying to put myself in the "To hell with 600 dollars, it's not the end of the world" state of mind.

I'll spend the rest of the night reading the CISSP combined notes and not let myself get anxious.

Wish me luck.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Good Luck Mental !

Get some sleep.
    Remember to think like an ethical manager, read each question twice, mark the questions you are unsure for review and take breaks.
  • Options
    analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "ethical manager" was hard but eventually i figured it out. i just had to spend a bit more time in the fantasy aisle of my local bookstore.
  • Options

Hi All
    I would like to convey here that nobody should violate the ISC2 code of ethics and maintain the secrecy of the exam. Hope my reply is informative and not confronting anyone.
    Thanks
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, sbilal!

You guys that can read Shon's book amaze me. I can't do it! (If I friggin' fail in June, because I didn't read her book then I'm going to punch myself repeatedly in the face. Just sayin'...)

• Options
    Congrats, sbilal!

You guys that can read Shon's book amaze me. I can't do it! (If I friggin' fail in June, because I didn't read her book then I'm going to punch myself repeatedly in the face. Just sayin'...)

Hi Sucessrealm,

Thanks for ur reply. Reading shon harris was not for passing the CISSP. Reading it was for clearing and understanding the concept. If you will understand the concept, you will pass this exam.
    Different people have different opinions and perception, some find AIO as very verbose and extra material which is also true, but if you really want to clear your doubts and understand why the tech. is there , u need to read it. Time taking agreed but its worth it.

Hope my answer provided correct and informative reply.
    Thanks
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, sbilal. :)
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□

Here is his number 1-866-354-0056
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    If you are outside of the states, his number is +44-161-855-7455.