Options

Placing CISSP On Resume

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Still need to wait on the official approval after the endorsement review, but have people place CISSP - Passed Exam Awaiting Official Experience Approval on their resume? Or something to that effect? I don't want to advertise that I have the CISSP since I do not, but I did pass the test and thought that should be helpful on my resume. Thanks!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From the ISC2 logo usage guide
    https://www.isc2.org/logo-usage-guidelines/default.aspx

Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than "Associate of (ISC)²". Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than "Associate of (ISC)²", in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)² certification.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    tahjzhuan wrote: »
    From the ISC2 logo usage guide
    https://www.isc2.org/logo-usage-guidelines/default.aspx

Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than "Associate of (ISC)²". Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than "Associate of (ISC)²", in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)² certification.

My situation is a little different:

I passed the exam last month and need 1 year before I have the required experience to get endorsed. However, as a DOD employee, the Associate designation is adequate to fill the block in 8570.1 requirements. By using "Associate of (ISC)²" on my resume, I absolutely will not be getting any recognition that I passed the test. I guess the only solution is to put in my resume summary: "8570.1 IAT/IAM Level 3" if I even get lucky enough for a potential employer to review my resume. Then they can scroll down and see that I am an "Associate of (ISC)²" (which could mean SSCP, as well). Kind of sucks but hopefully I can at least get a phone call or an interview and clarify the situation.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That is pretty strict, sounds like PMI certifications. I actually prefer that they have tight governance over their certifications. It makes it more valuable, at least from an outsiders point of view, when they read this.

Sorry Grinch wasn't trying to hijack just found that piece interesting.
  • Options
    No worries N2IT!

tahjzhuan - thanks for the info!

Guess I'll wait ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Either way the hard part is over with! :) Gratz on that big boy!
  • Options
    Thanks! Very happy to be done studying for me, it was a bear and a half.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Oh man I can only imagine. I am working through an PMI_Agile cert and it's wearing me out. 2 kids, moving into a new house and several cross platform software projects on the horizon. And still trying to learn the business side, financials etc.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NP. Not trying to be a Grinch :) , I'm using Associate of (ISC)² with the license number on LinkedIn until the SSCP endorsement is finalized.
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    Funny because if you log into the certification tracking system for DOD 8570.1 and you have recieved the Associate status it says Associate of (ISC)2-CISSP. So I geuss if you are hoping to work for an employer that requires DOD 8570.1 for IAM, they will know that you passed the CISSP exam not sure if it gives you a leg up, most only care that you passed at least one of the qualifying exams on the list.