Failed CISSP today (14Apr15) sad face : (

CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Unfortunately, I did not pass the CISSP exam today. Close, but no cigar. I made 693...very sad, but I really felt like I did enough to pass. Oh well, back in the drawing board...........kind of dreading the unknown of the new exam, but "it is what it is.." The exam was very ambiguously worded...some areas were technical and others not. Hard to describe the experience....still a little numb of being so close............

Thanks for the good advice on the forum....I will stay focused and get back on the saddle.....

Comments

• zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am on the same boat as you are! I did not clear the exam, icon_sad.gif but the study process is continuing and I am going through Free CISSP Certification Training Class from Cybrary with a new start.

When are you planning to take the exam again? I intend to take by last week of May as I appeared for exam on April 10th and failed icon_sad.gif
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wishing luck to you guys on your next attempts. Hang in there.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just found the Cybrary videos last week and really enjoyed them. I think I rushed to beat the 15Apr15 deadline and didn't concentrate on a few areas as much as I should have.....I am also planning to retest soon. Maybe May or June. Thanks for the encouragement.....I wish you well on the retest.
    Along with Cybrary trainings, also go through (ISC)2 Security CISSP: Welcome to CISSP | CBT Nuggets from Keith Barker.

We can study along and see how can get this completed. I am thank ful for all the help which is coming in this forum.
  • RiverLiverRiverLiver Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear but you'll get there. Was time an issue? Did you take the whole six hours to review all your answers?
  • cisspdamcisspdam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISSP today.. Words of advice for anyone that failed. subscribe to The CCCure Learning Portal for a month ($4icon_cool.gif. Watch clement videos for 30 days. Read through his posting for information. Go to this website McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams and download the MP3 and play them in your car on a daily basis. Some of the material is a bit old, however, very helpful. CISSP Practice Exam | Boson very helpful and tough(look for coupons codes for additional discount). Master the CONCEPT and you will do good. Personally I like the Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide, Troy McMillan Second Edition and CISSP Cert Guide (2nd Edition) Look for new edition of both books. https://www.freepracticetests.org is another source of test...
  • NTPAssNTPAss Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. I drove 6 hours to another state. Took the CISSP exam this morning and didn't pass. icon_cry.gif missed it by 27 points. Ugh.. I agree with you that some of the wording was very confusing and ambiguous. I will be studying icon_study.giffor the next 30 days...

Good luck to you as well.
  • dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And me 692 ! Don'g Give Up, We will susscess !
  • cholaz777cholaz777 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Friend,
    Me too failed last week and rushed to complete before new changes. But do not give up and we have already good experience with this exam. Listen the following Youtube , really very good information he shared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87yfzOwzxc
    Started re studying, I did get my ISC2 Fourth edition book, do you suggest that read the full book domain wise and then proceed with vidoes?
    zme783, wow - thanks for the link. I will log on tomorrow and get back on the study path with you. I appreciate the link a lot. I thought about taking a boot camp, but honestly they are a little expensive for having come so close to passing. There was a couple areas that were unfamiliar to me that I need to brush up on and hopefully the CBT Nugget link will hit the mark. Much appreciated.
    Big CONGRATS on your pass "cisspdam". Very proud of your achievement. Thanks for the links and references. I also like Eric Conrad's Study Guide for the brevity of explaining the points. I am registered with CCCure but was scoring around 70-80 range but will concentrate on my weaker areas with more practice questions. Thank you again
    Cholaz777, sorry to hear about your fail, too. I personally understand, with putting so much time into the preparation and not passing. I was very sad yesterday but focused on getting back in the testing seat soon ---but I am not going to rush myself. I will give it a good month to review and brush up on my week areas. Thanks for the link, too - I appreciate it and need all the help that I can get to iron home a few areas. You will do GREAT next time!
    wow, 692, dinhtq -- I thought I felt bad.....you were only a question or two away. The next time you will sail over....Congrats, in advance, I KNOW YOU WILL KNOCK IT OUT OF THE PARK next time. I am motivated off of your willpower to keep pressing forward.. Thanks again for the feedback.....
    NTPAss, you will do great on your next round. I drove 2 hours to a testing center to beat the dreaded 15APR --new test date, but really looking back, think waiting would not have really changed much. I would have been a little more prepared, but it is okay. We move forward and PASS next time together. I am wishing u the absolute BEST!!!
    RiverLiver, thanks for condolences - but honestly, time was not a factor. I had a good hour to review and felt like I really did good enough to pass. I was confused on a few concepts that I had not studied and some of the ambiguous wording, but other than that did not think the exam was "OVERLY Difficult". I think after I review some of the links shared by the other posters to true up a few weak areas, I will be okay. The exam was very PASSABLE, but I will do it next time. : )
  • ms90210ms90210 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i also failed on 13 April the score was 696..... can anybody share the changes and how to prepare for the changes
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can't wait to see all of you guys post about passing in the near future. I've failed this exam before too so I'm looking forward to you guys getting over this hump.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    2 things... one, I notice most failing scores are 692... what is it about that number? Two - was this exam the new format (8-domain CBK)? Wasn't sure if they changed it on the 15th or if the 15th was the last day of the 10-domain CBK. Sorry about your exam.... you'll get it next time!
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Sorry about the exam as well. Many of us have been there, including myself.
    Persistence is the key. Study harder and take it again.
    You might find the new test easier because it is suppose to be updated with newer technology.
    It does seem like most everyone fails with a high 600'ish rate. Never even heard of anyone failing with less then 600.

The 15th was the 1st day of the new test btw.