Options

Is there a limit to how many credits WGU allows you to transfer over?

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
Could you theoretically transfer in with 100+CU and only need to take a couple of courses to be issued a degree? Or do they have a "must complete X credit hours at WGU to qualify"
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Options
    ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you have to take 31 or 32 cu's at WGU.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not sure about an actual limit, but I have heard of people transferring upwards of 85 CUs in.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The majority of online schools require at least 30 credit hours with their program. The big 3 exceptions are Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak. Excelsior will require that you take at least 4 credits with them, a 1 credit intro to online learning course (even if you've taken similar) and a 3 credit capstone course. This is assuming you meet all of the prereqs for whatever degree program you're pursuing. I know Excelsior is regionally accredited and for taking the bare minimum had the best price over all for me.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^^^ That's some good info. Definitely gives you some options to look into.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Is there anything similar to a transfer guideline to see what certs would be credit for what at those other schools?
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    I too go to Excelsior, they transfer in a lot and award credit for Certs, the only problem with Certs is you have to play the guessing game. Send proof of the cert and see if it applies to an actually class that is required or just an IT elective. I am full on electives so I wish they would release a list of what certs count for what classes so I could target those certs and finish sooner.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    90 is the limit.
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone
    O
    /|\
    / \