What do SMB's with full time IT staff use for monitoring/management of workstations?

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I currently work for an MSP that supports SMB's, we use Kaseya for remote monitoring, maintenance, AV/AM, patching, etc...

What do organizations with 100-200 PC's use (or do) when they have a full time JOAT or IT staff? The cost of Kaseya for just one organization would be prohibitive.

Comments

• discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    We mostly use Manage Engine products for maintenance, patching, monitoring and support, they are good for the price. (not great, the support is based in India and you can sometimes get someone good, but I've had a few experiences where they would tell me an issue is fixed, when it clearly was not)

For example CA Service Desk quoted us $100,000 we got Manage Engine Service Desk for $7000, obviously less features but a lot of those extra features from CA we'd never really use, definitely not worth an extra $93,000.
    We also use Goverlan for desktop/server management, this is one product I would highly recommend, it can do a lot.

Dell Kace is another option I looked at a few years back, I liked it better than Manage Engines products but it was a bit more money, it seemed to be a pretty good all in 1 solution.

Monitoring wise you could use Zabbix for free.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When I worked at an MSP we used Nable to do all of that. It was pretty decent.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks discount!

@Grinch, I am curious what businesses use "in house" to make life easier. Discount seems to have hit the nail on the head for me, it has given me some things to read up on. Mainly, I want to be able to do a new client consult and say "I am familiar with Kace, here is where it falls short and how we can improve upon that for you..."
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My biz provides N-ABLE for SMB. They like it