Options

Anybody have any experience with IT jobs in Florida?

I am currently in the process of obtaining my CCNA. Right now I live in an extremely small and low tech county, so relocation is almost required. The plan is to beef up my resume after the CCNA and shoot it to as many network related jobs as possible just to get my foot in the door while also studying for the CCNP. I've been looking mainly at Tampa and the surrounding areas (Lakeland, Sarasota, etc.) as it seems to have the most opportunities. Is anyone familiar with the job market in these areas? Is it extremely difficult to get an entry networking position (or any position, for that matter)? Just thought I'd ask!

Comments

• Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I live in Tampa but unfortunately I'm not really a networking guy so I probably can't give you the best information in that area. I've seen some entry level networking positions here and there but the opportunities I've come across have led me down the sys admin path and possibly into devops. You could definitely get a job but I would just be open minded about what part of IT you end up in if you wanted to move up fast.