Options

CompTIA Tech Support and Multiple Accounts

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
So, somehow, I managed to screw up my CompTIA account. I have two CompTIA IDs. Naturally, not a very smart thing to have. Fortunately, they both had the same email address. Unfortunately, the first account had my full name and the second one didn't have my middle name or suffix. Different names (even if the first and last are the same) for both IDs meant that they couldn't merge the accounts over the phone. Crud!

So, the very helpful tech support lady (I should have gotten her name, she rocked!) couldn't help me like she wanted to since she can't associate accounts with different names. Had I used two different email addresses but the same name for each, she would have quickly merged the accounts. Oh well, that is life, I suppose. Thankfully, she walked me through the entire online help process, where I was able to supply the necessary documents and submit the ticket. Without her help, I wouldn't have known where to go or what to submit.

The cool thing about CompTIA is that they don't delete the subsequent accounts, they merge them so that both accounts point to my first account. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised that they did so. This, I was told, is done in order to avoid future issues should PearsonVue submit a score report to the wrong account.

So, just in case you do what I did and need to get things fixed, here are the steps I took:

1. Go to CompTIA's website, and click on the Certification popup.
2. Click on the Help link.
3. Scroll down until you see the Send Help Request button. Click it.
4. Click on the Submit a Ticket link.
5. Fill in the required boxes, to include name, email address, request type (I used the Multiple Records type), Subject (I used Names Do Not Match) and the details of the problem. In my case, I had to tell them both account numbers and explained to them the name mismatch issue.
6. Attach at least two score reports (you did save your score reports, right? If not, no worries. Log into your PearsonVue account and download the reports. If you don't find all of the reports, you may have to call PearsonVue at 877-551-7587. I was advised to ask for a supervisor if the person answering the phone didn't understand what I needed) and a scan of your picture ID.

Hopefully, this proves helpful to others. I will update this thread once the accounts are fully merged, so that everyone knows how long the process takes.

Cheers
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Less than 24 hours after submitting the ticket and they have merged the two accounts. I was expecting it take a minimum of three business days, so taking less than 24 hours was huge to me.

Overall, a very satisfied customer.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've submitted 3 tickets to them over a period of a few years (when I remember my CompTIA certs), and I've never once received a response back. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but the only cert on my second ID is my Network+, and I would probably just let it expire anyway. I've pretty much given up on trying to get it fixed.