Options

Resume critique, please excuse the formatting

ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
It's been ages since I updated my resume, and I'm not sure if something should go, or more should be added somewhere, or what to do with this thing. If there is a better format on how to upload, please let me know, this is just a print preview as this site won't let me upload a .doc file.

Any and all feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks good aesthetics-wise, but with regard to content, see if you can tie in your technical experience with "situation, action, results" statements, such as "Implemented XYZ system to improve ABC process, resulting in $$$ saved per YY/MM", or similar.

Expounding on the size of the environments can also be highly useful (example for the first bullet on your middle job: "Troubleshot application, PC, VPN, and network connectivity for ### users across ### locations worldwide."
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    So that looks all good? I blitzed the top / current job with more items cause that's a bulk of what I figure any hiring manager will care about, was hoping it wouldn't come out too odd looking from that or the Qualifications being weird.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The Qualifications section reads like an "Objective" section. This section should be replaced with a competent professional summary. Objective sections are redundant and serve little purpose. I will link you to a document regarding how to write a professional summary. Google is also a good resource on this.

Within the professional experience section, each job description should begin with a high-level overview of your daily duties and responsibilities, and then use bullets to highlight special achievements, projects, promotions, etc. Don't rely solely on bullets like this. I will link you to a resume that's a great example on how to format and write this properly.

Your previous job descriptions should be written in the past tense.

You should create a separate section for your certifications, and list this "Certifications" section under the Education section.

This is an excellent resume guide with example resumes, a huge list of action verbs, sample summaries, etc:

http://www.filedropper.com/resumeguide

This thread contains a fantastic example of a properly formatted and written resume (ptilsen's resume):

Resume time

Someone recently uploaded this document regarding the "STAR Method" of writing resume content. You may want to take a look at it and see if it helps you.

http://www.filedropper.com/starmethod
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)