Options

Has anyone failed CISSP after getting "psychometric analysis" result from taking test

PabloEscobarPabloEscobar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm wondering if they would wait 6 weeks just to tell me I've failed the test or if the fact that they have to do a psychometric analysis means I most likely passed?

Comments

• Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since 15 April this month, it is hardly 10 days i.e 2 weeks; so no word about the result of psychometric analysis. I guess no one knows the answer to your question. Try to relax and hope for the best.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm wondering if they would wait 6 weeks just to tell me I've failed the test or if the fact that they have to do a psychometric analysis means I most likely passed?

Start submitting your cpe's only 2 weeks gone by.
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »

By saying I should start submitting CPE's do you mean that I most likely passed?
  • Options
    The Force is against you jedai.
  • Options
    Stop playing with poor fellow.
  • Options
    ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    I believe that it means they think you cheated, does it not?
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    " One of the benefits to candidates taking an examination via CBT is that most candidates receive their scores immediately upon completing their examination. In some cases, however, in order to ensure it is providing accurate and valid test results to candidates, (ISC)2 must conduct periodic psychometric analyses of a group of candidates’ responses before it releases their exam results. For the small number of candidates affected by this process, the candidates will receive their results within 6-8 weeks after taking the exam. (ISC)2 apologizes in advance for this inconvenience to those candidates who will not receive their pass/fail status at the test centers, but this is an important part of (ISC)2’s quality assurance process to protect the integrity of the credentials. Candidates who are impacted by this process will be informed when they complete their tests."

Seems to me they do the evaluations on a somewhat random basis to ensure quality control? Or maybe this is directly related to the exam change. I don't think it means you passed or failed.
  • Options
    Robertf969 wrote: »
    "
    Seems to me they do the evaluations on a somewhat random basis to ensure quality control? Or maybe this is directly related to the exam change. I don't think it means you passed or failed.

I appreciate you giving me an unambiguous answer
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry too much.
    it sounds like an audit type thing.
    just keep busy and you'll have results before you know it!!!!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    (ISC)2 does this every time they have a new exam format. There is no baseline until you create one. This is no different. Get used to it. If you've been practicing security for the past 4-5 years and you do not recognize baselining yet?

Must be my 2:00 interviewee.

- b/eads
  • Options
    beads wrote: »
    (ISC)2 does this every time they have a new exam format. There is no baseline until you create one. This is no different. Get used to it. If you've been practicing security for the past 4-5 years and you do not recognize baselining yet?

Must be my 2:00 interviewee.

- b/eads

Or future boss. Who knows????
  • Options
    ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Reading the replies since my own, I realize mine is inarticulate and only half informed. Apologies.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Pablo, what they're all trying to say is:

On April 15th ISC(2) changed to a new exam. EVERY ONE right now has to wait to get their results. They're reviewing everything and ensuring that the test is working as expected at all levels. This will happen anytime they switch to a new version.

B/eads, it sounds like he didn't know that they switched to a new version. It also seems like the majority of people that replied to this thread didn't realize it either. There's no need to be condescending in your responses. I see you doing this to the majority of people on this forum. What's the deal with that?
  • Options
    abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Pablo,

A 4 guys I know took the exam throughout the last 4 days and all received the same feedback - they need to wait the 6 weeks in order to get receive their results. I talked to one of my colleagues that used to write exam questions for ISACA (I understand it's not ISC2), but he said that what they are trying to do is established a new baseline. They are examining the level of difficulty of the exam and how everyone compares to each other on a large scale.

I would assume that there is more leniency during this initial phase of the exam than when the baseline has been established.

I attended a bootcamp recently in which they updated their training materials to align to the 8 domains. Without violating the NDA, the guys that took it just told me they felt underpepared and the current available material out there does not prepare you for the current version of the exam (After April 15th). That's all I got - I take the exam tomorrow, so just hoping for the best and going in with the attitude that I've put in the work at studying and preparing myself for this exam.
  • Options
    BlackBeret wrote: »

On April 15th ISC(2) changed to a new exam. EVERY ONE right now has to wait to get their results. They're reviewing everything and ensuring that the test is working as expected at all levels. This will happen anytime they switch to a new version.

B/eads, it sounds like he didn't know that they switched to a new version. It also seems like the majority of people that replied to this thread didn't realize it either. There's no need to be condescending in your responses. I see you doing this to the majority of people on this forum. What's the deal with that?

Thanks for clarification @BlackBeret. We missed the point which you elaborated so clearly.
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Psychometric analysis to me sounds a lot like they got the 'Freakonomics' 'SuperFreakonomics, and 'THink Like a Freak' author and all around evil-super genius in on the CBT to tag with special 'indicators' as to whether or not people are cheating. It's not hard to figure it out, especially on a CBT, as said author Steven D Levitt..Read the chapter in Book one about how he busted teachers for assisting their students in cheating on assessment exams. If (ISC)2 is using Levitt or someone like him to call out those who try to **** the system via brain **** and the like, then I certainly applaud their efforts.
  • Options
    B/eads woudn't be B/eads if he were not such a condescending...I am the B/eads doppelganger, so you'll see me in other posts going head-to-head with him over the years, and I do so with great pride. Personally, I think he's right with a lot of his points, but he's also showing his hand as the typical, introverted, scoffing, IT guy who thinks his psorasis halo makes him a blessed Saint of CISSPness. Just ask him for forgiveness in the little confessional cubicle he has adjacent to his own, and he'll send you off with absolution, but only after you drink Three Bloody Mary's and sing 6 'Hello Dolly's.'

BlackBeret wrote: »

• Options
    melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello ,,, Did you take the exam ?
  • Options
    dgeronimosdgeronimos Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    abelamorales,

Were you in the Atlanta class in April?
  • Options
    Yes, I was.
    dgeronimos wrote: »
    abelamorales,

Were you in the Atlanta class in April?
  • Options
    dgeronimosdgeronimos Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my exam this morning. I got a "congratulations" printout.

Ha ha! Just kidding! I got a "wait 6 weeks". Then I stopped at a Planet Smoothie for a banana slurpee and poured one for my homies in the infosec class.
  • Options
    (*Obligatory sarcasm alert for BlackBeret*)

Yes, used to wear a black beret but only after I earned the privilege to do so.

Now on to adding Poe's Law.

Simply unfathomable that anyone close to sitting for this exam would be so cut off from the rest of the world, no Internet, no company (security) gossip, probably no communication back from the home planet. Got to be a logical explanation or you've been studying so hard for the past 6 months no one has been able to reach you via any available media. Yes, the (ISC)2 has changed the exam again. Overall the changes probably reflect someones effort to be more "continuous improvement".

Its always a pain when you start a new testing regime like this. Someone has to be the guinea pig and if your testing this quarter... well just squeal. Nothing to fret about or wait till the first new hopefuls have been awarded the credential. Hopefully, you'll be "one and done" and you can laugh about the whole thing. If not take it with a grain of salt and move on. Study up but don't torture yourself over what you may have thought you missed or didn't miss. Its all part of the plan. The exam used to have a pass rate around 25% now we are lead to believe its close to 90. No one really knows so don't quote me. Few people tell me they ever failed any exam at all in there careers. I have! I have!!

The best part of having been in this or any other field is that you can take aggressive, unpopular stances on subjects and not only not care what others think but still be right even when its unpopular to do so in the first place. Security cannot be the place where everyone gets a trophy for showing up and putting in a good effort. Its not the Special Olympics for IT by any means.

Working in Security means having access to alot of information worth protecting in the first place and deserving of that trust is critical. Unfortunately, I have become a bit jaded as to what goes for "trust" in a field where so many have lied and cheated their way into the field. So, I insist on helping those who have taken "alternative methods" into the field into new but less glamorous fields like sanitation or animal control where they cannot directly harm people or abuse there data.

@kalkan999

It'd be no fun my brother with we always agreed on everything, now would it?

I hear a choking noise in the background. Better investigate that.

Toodles!

(*Continue the sarcasm alert until further notice*)

-b/eads
  • Options
    I think I had enough Smoothie King that week for the rest of the year. It felt great to finish off the week with some Mexican food!
    dgeronimos wrote: »
    I took my exam this morning. I got a "congratulations" printout.

Ha ha! Just kidding! I got a "wait 6 weeks". Then I stopped at a Planet Smoothie for a banana slurpee and poured one for my homies in the infosec class.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    The best part of having been in this or any other field is that you can take aggressive, unpopular stances on subjects and not only not care what others think but still be right even when its unpopular to do so in the first place. Security cannot be the place where everyone gets a trophy for showing up and putting in a good effort. Its not the Special Olympics for IT by any means.

Working in Security means having access to alot of information worth protecting in the first place and deserving of that trust is critical. Unfortunately, I have become a bit jaded as to what goes for "trust" in a field where so many have lied and cheated their way into the field. So, I insist on helping those who have taken "alternative methods" into the field into new but less glamorous fields like sanitation or animal control where they cannot directly harm people or abuse there data.

See, that's why I still read what you have to say. We both agree on this point and many others. I guess I just give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe we can workout a way to get rid of boot camps and other cert mills. (Not saying they all are, no one get your panties in a twist)

I just give people the benefit of the doubt. It's more fun if you let them stick their foot in their own mouth than if you attack them right away and try to feed them their shoes.
  • Options
    @B/eads IF I'm choking on anything, it's that dry communion wafer you pass out to everyone you 'forgive.' :)
  • Options
    @kalkan999 - Pretty much.

@BlackBeret - Over the years of consulting I have meet some of the most despicable characters imaginable in security: sociopaths, psychopaths, emotional "vampires" of all sorts. Really a rogues gallery of misfits and liars to boot. I stopped giving people the benefit of a doubt when I meet my first CISSP in his early 20s with no degree and proudly told me: "Just make something up..." He wasn't the first nor will he be a the last person who admitted that his entire career is based on a series of intricate lies.

People I have meet at conferences, meetings, business engagements and not to leave out anyone but my personal favorite - interviewees. Nothing like getting busted in an interview for a good time. Yeah, I can officially say I am a bit jaded when it comes to the benefit of a doubt thing.

/s Oh look! Another executive sneaking documents in and out on dropbox! Wooohooo!

- b/eads
  • Options
    AchorAchor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please has anyone received his/her CISSP result after a psychometric analysis? I have been waiting for two weeks now.
  • Options
    Achor wrote: »
    Please has anyone received his/her CISSP result after a psychometric analysis? I have been waiting for two weeks now.

No word yet. Be patient...
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Pablo,

A 4 guys I know took the exam throughout the last 4 days and all received the same feedback - they need to wait the 6 weeks in order to get receive their results. I talked to one of my colleagues that used to write exam questions for ISACA (I understand it's not ISC2), but he said that what they are trying to do is established a new baseline. They are examining the level of difficulty of the exam and how everyone compares to each other on a large scale.

I would assume that there is more leniency during this initial phase of the exam than when the baseline has been established.

I attended a bootcamp recently in which they updated their training materials to align to the 8 domains. Without violating the NDA, the guys that took it just told me they felt underpepared and the current available material out there does not prepare you for the current version of the exam (After April 15th). That's all I got - I take the exam tomorrow, so just hoping for the best and going in with the attitude that I've put in the work at studying and preparing myself for this exam.

abelamorales :
    Do you mind sharing which bootcamp you took?. It will help me as Im also looking to take a training class
  • Options
    Nabsh07 wrote: »
    abelamorales :
    Do you mind sharing which bootcamp you took?. It will help me as Im also looking to take a training class

I wonder what people can get for CISSP - BOOT CAMP. Best course would be to apply practical experience in scenario questions. BOOT CAMP will not teach you anything new techniques.