Options

Passed CISSP!

bonfirebonfire Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't post here often...well I went ahead and took the CISSP in mid-March and passed. Submitted my endorsement form and received confirmation March 25. Hoping to see confirmation of the certification any day now.icon_cool.gif
5 weeks seems to be about the typical turnaround so I hear?

Comments

• Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! I am hoping to get my CISSP within the next few years. Any advice?
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats! Love seeing all these passed threads!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing your CISSP!, welcome to the club :D
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bonfire wrote: »
    I don't post here often...well I went ahead and took the CISSP in mid-March and passed. Submitted my endorsement form and received confirmation March 25. Hoping to see confirmation of the certification any day now.icon_cool.gif
    5 weeks seems to be about the typical turnaround so I hear?

Thought you received "passed confirmation" for new CISSP CBK. It's good that you put extra effort and appeared before CBK refresh.
  • Options
    Thanks all!
    Way to go! I am hoping to get my CISSP within the next few years. Any advice?

Thanks! I would say that the best advice is to read the questions and really try to understand what it is they're asking in the question. Make an effort to avoid the "filler", as they tend to add a lot of filler to certain questions that really don't even pertain to what it is that they're asking at all.

Take breaks as you need them, get there early, and at least try to get a good nights sleep the 2 nights prior (wasn't easy to do that in my case).
    Of course, any experience/knowledge from working in information security is beneficial.
  • Options
    riyan wrote: »
    Thought you received "passed confirmation" for new CISSP CBK. It's good that you put extra effort and appeared before CBK refresh.

Thanks, yea I made it prior to the change. Today is exactly 5 weeks since I received my endorsement confirmation... hoping to get approval any day now.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bonfire wrote: »
    Thanks, yea I made it prior to the change. Today is exactly 5 weeks since I received my endorsement confirmation... hoping to get approval any day now.

i notice you have done your sscp, how much time did you spend to prepare for the cissp after sscp?
  • Options
    tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My endorsement took 4 weeks; however I assume there is now a back log due to everyone rushing to test prior to the CBK refresh

Congrats on the Pass!!
  • Options
    justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, there is a backlog for those of us rushing to beat the deadline. The earliest exam date I could get in April was the 14th, so I am caught at the tail end of the prior CBK exam. I just got my confirmation email of documentation received this week, and it said I am now in the review queue and to plan on hearing back from them in 8 weeks... patience is a virtue, or so I'm told. LOL