CCDA material in ARCH

Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
Hey guys,
I've been asked to do a lot of design projects at work recently. I am thinking of picking up the CCDP to polish my design skills. Is ARCH book sufficient for CCDP studies or is there any material that is not covered in ARCH that I will need in the CCDA book?

Thank you
Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com

Comments

• cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    WHy not pick up the FLG for CCDA to hit all the hot points and the OCG for the ARCH exam?

I like using the FLG for revision and quick touch ups as they are generally shorter and you get what you need to reinforce what you already know.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I heard that the CCDA was boring and very basic level. Trying to save some time here.
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    I heard that the CCDA was boring and very basic level. Trying to save some time here.

Makes perfect sense - without going through the syllabus for both exams, id say you should be able to just cover off on some knowledge gaps from CCDA prior to sitting the ARCH exam?
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    CCDA is very basic.

CCDP is a lot better than the CCDA was. Only took a month to go through the materials and test through it. I only used the ARCH book for CCDP.
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    CCDA is very basic.

CCDP is a lot better than the CCDA was. Only took a month to go through the materials and test through it. I only used the ARCH book for CCDP.

Is the OCG for CCDA enough? I will be going through CCDA/DP after i have finished CCNP R&S early next year.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    CCDA is very basic.
    CCNP will make the CCDA seem like a breeze. OCG is enough. CCDP is much more in depth
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I only read the ARCH OCG and passed the exam without any trouble. Only a couple of questions on Storage that I wasn't too sure about.