CBT Nuggets...can anyone recommend them?

MokoenaMokoena Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I subscribed for a 7 day trial of CBT Nuggets, Ive been doing Security + with it so far becuase thats my next exam, and i find it very useful and informative, I think its helping me understand some concepts even better. im tempted to subscribe for annual access....my next certs are CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSE 70-410,11,12,13,14. has anyone used the CBT nuggets for the other course aswell and how is it?

Comments

• hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets is fantastic. Have used them for all my Cisco studies (and currently Linux+). Jeremy Ciora is a genius.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I use them every time. They're good and it is a great way to supplement your reading.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I definitely enjoy their CCNA videos, very good energetic instructor for it. Haven't looked at their other ones yet though.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll throw this out there, I find it's best to watch videos before reading. Something about the visualization and hearing someone who is an expert talk about a topic makes it easier to read about after.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I second Hurrican's suggestion. Use them to supplement your reading, not replace it. My method is usually watch a video on a topic with CBTnuggets, read the chapter, do some lab, watch another video on the same subject by another presenter.

I find this to be the best for my style of studdying
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used them for CCNA/P Security, CISSP, and Wireshark. I watch a video and take notes. Then I read a chapter while comparing my notes taken on the video.

My name is Eric and I endorse CBT Nuggets.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used them for most of my entry level certs and some advanced (CCENT, Sec+, Project+, A+, Net+, CISSP, and many more) However I am no longer using them because I'm working on my CCIE and their content just isn't there. I use INE for the CCIE and I find it to much more indepth.

For entry level exams however CBT Nuggets cannot be beat!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use CBT and have to say, I definitely recommend them. The videos are great and they do a good job of making things simple. It also helps that the videos are not dry and boring to watch.
  • MokoenaMokoena Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for your responses, and i apologise for my late reply..thank for sharing your experiences and thoughts, im about to buy annual CBTNuggets subscription right now icon_cheers.gif
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    I'll throw this out there, I find it's best to watch videos before reading. Something about the visualization and hearing someone who is an expert talk about a topic makes it easier to read about after.

I also do this and find it easier to grasp the concepts after watching the vids.
    I'd definitely recommend videos done by Jeremy Cioara and Keith Barker. Great enthusiasm for the tech.
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like CBT nuggets a lot. Especially to get a quick overview on a topic. For example I just went through their wireless training and it really did bring me up to speed fairly quickly. Keith is a great instructor.
  • lovallocentrallovallocentral Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those of you that recommend CBT nuggets, do you recommend the basic membership (video's) along with Darril Gibson's book and premium content or are you using the premium subscription ?
  • shortygirlshortygirl Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those of you that recommend CBT nuggets, do you recommend the basic membership (video's) along with Darril Gibson's book and premium content or are you using the premium subscription ?

CBT uses Transcender for the premium membership exam prep, right? I'd say that's worth the cost.
    IT Consultant / Pursuing: AAS in DB Management & Admin (2015-2017)
    CompTIA A+ 801 [ ] 802 [X], Net+ [ ], Proj+ [ ], AXELOS ITIL V3 [X], PMI CAPM [ ]
    Microsoft - MTA 98-364 [X], MCSA 70-461 [ ] 70-462 [ ] 70-463 [ ], MCSE 70-466 [ ] 70-467 [ ]
    Oracle DBA - OCA IZ0-051 [ ] IZO-052 [ ], OCP IZ0-053 [ ]
    Connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    101% recommended!
  • techMLtechML Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like Pluralsight better. Had a sub to both, and I just liked the Pluralsight instructors.
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kanye voice :All day All day..
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    I've used them for years and the product has vastly improved of late. Years ago they had some questionable trainers who were great to listen to if you wanted to fall asleep. They have a top notch group of lecture types now.

Keith Barker: Not the most entertaining guy, but their best trainer. He's concise & to the point and he clearly a guy with extensive experience.

James Conrad: Windows Server Jedi, has the most personality of the trainers and a goofy sense of humour. His only fault is sometimes his nuggets are very very long. Nothing kills ya like 1 hour of talking DNS.

Shawn Powers: A Linux guy with personality. I wish he would do more.

Jeremy Cioara: This guy REALLY loves CISCO. He gets so excited over it talks over himself sometimes. He helps make learning CISCO fun (which says something). I watched his Amazon Web Services stuff recently and it's very good.

I haven't watched videos from the others so I cannot comment on them. All in all, I think it's a great product for $99 dollars a month.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I really liked CBT nuggets for Cisco stuff. I used it for other certs and liked it, but it wasn't as strong as the Cisco items.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use both CBT and Pluralsite (TrainSignal) and I find them to be of fairly equal quality, depending on the particular instructor and subject matter. It's the cost difference that makes Pluralsite a much better bargain, IMO.

As someone else mentioned, take advantage of the free trials of both products and find out which you prefer.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have checked out both.
    went with due to assessments.

cbtnuggets is supplement to reading.
    plural seems to be flatter and straight to point.
    cbt nuggets is more energetic.
    depends on the course.
    i like voice of guy who does capm and project mgmt.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jeremy Ciora is amazing, I second that.

I have had both CBT and Pluralsight. I like CBT more. Personal opinion.

But like others have said, try them all. It's just a matter of personal preference.
  • aisbaeraisbaer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i only recently got into Certs and all the sites like cbt and plurasight....
    but i love jeremy Cioara he is my favourit trainer so far i have been waching his CCNA videos and he just makes you wana watch more and more
    when i get home from work dealing with routers and customers wireless problems and printers or whatever . . . iam still excited to watch his videos :)