Options

Rip

iliketurtlesiliketurtles Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm having some trouble with this question. On Packet Tracer, I need to set up a network using RIP:

The IP addresses of the serial interfaces of the routers (the network connecting the routers) have been set up. They are:
200.0.0.1~2/30, 200.0.0.5~6/30, 200.0.0.9~10/30.
  • Please set up the IP address of PC0 to be 199.120.0.2/25. Setup the gateway's IP address of this network to be 199.120.0.1/25.
  • Please set up the IP address of PC1 to be 199.120.0.130/25. Setup the gateway's IP address of this network to be 199.120.0.129/25.
  • Please set up the RIP routing protocol.
  • Test your configuration using ping from PC0 to PC1.
  • Then, disable one of the interfaces between router 3 and router 4 and ping from PC0 to PC1 again.
I have no idea how to go about setting this network up. If anyone could help or link me to a good reference, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It sounds like it is a packet tracer file that is already set up for you. You just need to add the addressing to the PCs and the router interface. Then set up the rip protocol so it can route between the two subnets.

I assume this is a basic test of your knowledge of the rip protocol. If this is part of the cisco academy I would look back at the configuring rip section to see how to turn it on and add your two network ranges.

If you post some of your work most members will try to help you complete the configuration but we need to see some of your work.

Good Luck!