Options

Boson Netsim help resources

coffee_bosscoffee_boss Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

This may be a long shot but i am not sure where else to look. icon_confused.gif:

I am currently doing an online course and am not able to get any help out of the providers so i am turning to the internet.

This is what i have to do, i am not sure how i would post a pdf here so i will copy and paste it, apologies for the massive slab of text.

All i am after is some youtube videos/websites that can help point me in the right direction for this icon_cry.gif

Assessment Criteria

Report (200 words min)
Network diagram(s)
IP schema (Subnet/VLSM)
PowerPoint Presentation of your proposal (~10 slides)
Router and Switch Configuration files
VLAN schema
Test data (screen ****)

The Scenario

The ACME Company in Perth has manufactured high quality confectionery for sale both nationally and internationally. The Company has been successfully operating for the past 12 years. When it started business the ACME Company installed a client/server network built on Ethernet 802.3 architecture using a 10BaseT topology. Microsoft Windows NT 4 Server and Windows 98 products were installed as server/client operating systems. An NT 4 server was configured as a primary domain controller (DC) for the ACME domain.
During the last twelve months the company has experienced dramatic growth in the sales of their line of confectionery. This growth has translated to a 20% increase in the Company’s workforce.
At a recent meeting, the Board of Directors outlined the Company’s future directions with particular emphasis on their IT requirements. Namely;
1. To migrate to Microsoft Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 Professional products.
2. Upgrade existing cabling to facilitate greater bandwidth technologies.
3. Segment the business into separate business units.
4. Build an Internet infrastructure so they can advertise their confectionery products.
The Company’s current network structure is shown in Appendices:
The CEO of the Company has hired you as the IT consult to plan, implement and test a solution for their objectives stated above. The ACME Company has a strict set of ICT guidelines that need to be satisfied;

Your task:
• Develop a working prototype using the Network Simulator.
• Write a Technical Report outlining your proposal and network details of the prototype (IP schema using VLSM, diagrams, notes, etc).
• Create a PowerPoint presentation which will accompany the Technical Report.
• Test the prototype network for functionality and connectivity (provide test data results ie ping tracert).
• Demonstrate the final working prototype (submit working files from Network Simulator, ie running-configs).
• Submit all documentation.

Prototype Criteria:
• IPv4 address schema (VLSM of the ACME Companies IP address).
• VLAN structure for Perth switched network (Manager, Sales, Admin Staff).
• Static IP Address for Production and Design networks.
• Router assigned IPv4 address for International Sales (DHCP on router interface)
• Acme Company IP address 203.175.20.0/24
• Full connectivity of International Sale, Factory and Administration/Sales
• All router serial interfaces with /30 subnet masks
• The Sales Manage, Sales Branch Manager and Perth Sales must be on the same network.
• The Admin Manager and Admin Brach Manager must be on the same Network
• All Admin staff must share the same Network.
• The Design, Production and Int. Sales must be on separate networks.
• For the purposes of the prototype use static IP addresses for all non DHCP networks.
• Use RIPv2 as the routing protocol between networks.
• Use the Admin switch as the VTP server.
• Allocate 4 switchports to each VLAN as a proof of concept.
• Where appropriate set gateways as the first usable IP address in each subnet.

Device
Interface
Connect To...

Perth-RTR
S0/0 (DCE)
Factory-RTR S0/0 (DTE)

S0/1 (DCE)
Int-RTR S0/0 (DTE)

Fa0/0 (Inter VLAN routing))
Sales-Branch-SW fa0/23

Int-RTR
S0/1 (DTE)
Perth-RTR S0/0 (DCE)

Fa0/0 (DHCP)
Sales-SW fa0/24

Factory-RTR
S0/0 (DTE)
Perth-RTR S0/0 (DCE)

Fa0/0
Design-SW Fa0/24

Fa0/1
Production-SW Fa0/24

Admin-SW
Fa0/1 (VLAN 10)
Admin-Manager

Fa0/6 (VLAN 20)
Sales-Manager

Fa0/9 (VLAN 30)
Admin-Staff

Sales-Branch-SW
Fa0/1 (VLAN 10)
Branch-Admin-Manager

Fa0/5 (VLAN 20)
Branch_Sales-Host

Fa0/6 (VLAN 20)
Sales-Branch-Manager

Fa0/9(VLAN 30)
Branch-Admin-Staff

Fa0/23 (Trunk)
Perth-RTR Fa0/0

Fa0/24 (Trunk)
Admin-SW Fa0/24

Appendix C:

To configure Cisco IOS DHCP, follow these steps, which include sample commands:
1. Configure an IP address on the router's Ethernet port, and bring up the interface. (On an existing router, you would have already done this.)
Router(config)# interface ethernet0/0
Router(config-if)#ip address 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0
Router(config-if)# no shutdown
2. Create a DHCP IP address pool for the IP addresses you want to use.
Router(config)# ip dhcp pool acme-pool
3. Specify the network and subnet for the addresses you want to use from the pool.
Router(dhcp-config)# network 192.168.50.0 255.255.255.0
4. Specify the DNS domain name for the clients.
Router(dhcp-config)#domain-name acme.local
5. Specify the primary and secondary DNS servers (optional).
Router(dhcp-config)#dns-server 192.168.50.2 192.168.50.3
6. Specify the default router (i.e., default gateway for the hosts connected to this interface).
Router(dhcp-config)#default-router 192.168.50.1
7. Specify the lease duration for the addresses you're using from the pool.
Router(dhcp-config)#lease 7
8. Exit Pool Configuration Mode.
Router(dhcp-config)#exit
9. Create an exclusion range for the DHCP pool. This will exclude any addresses in the pool range that you don't want to hand out (ie servers, printer, gateway, etc).
Router(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.50.1 192.168.50.10
Now you can connect all hosts and they will receive IP configuration information.

Appendix D
Disable DNS lookup to prevent failed DNS lookups.
Router(config)# no ip domain-lookup
Disable Web Server
Router(config)# no ip http server

I was provided with a .lab file that is like this:

Which is all empty, i just need some links to help me out with prototype criteria steps thanks.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have only one question, did you get basic knowledge in the class or basic labs like how to config routing protocols, vlan, subnetting, etc, etc?

If not then practically you are asking somebody do this homework for me.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    only a few very basic labs icon_cry.gif

I dont want it to be done for me which is why i am asking for good resources to help me learn the information to answer the questions & configure the simulated network.

So any links to some quality information on the basics of this would be a helpful starting point.

I also have access to the labs within Boson netsim, so if i should be studying particular ones of those?
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks overwhelming but really they gave you the network and just need it configured. Take it one piece at a time and slowly start to add all of the required elements. Don't worry about any of the reports until you have put the network together.

As for references I would refer back to your course material as it probably just covered a lot of this.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    thank you, it is a cut price online course so their isn't alot of info provided but i will give that a go. icon_study.gif