Options

Entry level Networking position North Wales, North West – UK required

damien2008damien2008 Member Posts: 45 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just gained my CCNA R+S and am looking for an entry level networking position in the UK – North West, North Wales, Chester, Liverpool… etc area.

Network Analyst – Junior Network Engineer – Network Associate – Network Assistant, Trainee Network, etc

Anyone from this part of the UK ?
Where do you work ?
How did you get started ?

All advice much appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey dude, I'm a midlander for what it's worth. Congrats on the CCNA by the way! I have recently started my Cisco journey so will be keeping an eye open for Networking jobs in the UK as I progress- so far I've seen a lot around Birmingham, some up in Manchester but most are in London. I work in IT now as a Jack of all but keeping an eye open for more network specific roles.

Do you work in the sector at all? Had a lot of dealing with the guys at ANS in my previous job, they are based in Manchester and looks a great place to work if this helps at all? ANS - Managed Services and Cloud Provider London & Manchester
  • Options
    damien2008damien2008 Member Posts: 45 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Chev,

Thanks for the reply, checked out the ANS website and it looks like a good place to get a foot in the door and I’ll certainly keep it in mind and send a CV.
    Currently work in the sector at the moment doing general phone support/help desk to end users, but like yourself keeping an eye open for network specific roles.
    Good luck with your Jobsearch.

Anyone else from the UK on here to help me and Chev ?