Options

Aston Technologies?

rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a phone interview coming up for a Network Engineer Job. I am new to IT and have no experience in Networking. All I have is an A+. They state that they provide 2-3 months months of Unpaid Cisco Training and after that they will hire me. It is a 100% Travel Job with expenses paid for. Has anyone had any experiences with Aston Technologies? Any Advice you guys have for me?
WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA

Comments

• Options
    tech209510tech209510 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Rj1790 did you take the position??
  • Options
    stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just saw this same job ad here in DFW. I wonder if this legit and what one couple expect.
  • Options
    bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually know a girl who works for them on the operations side of things, it is a legit company. They actually do pay minimum wage for training now, at least here in MN which would be about $9 an hour. The ads say 100% travel but apparently it's closer to 75%, they just want people to be prepared. It's a legit gig for sure, just one that is out of the ordinary.
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I am also in the Twin Cities and have a coworker at my MSP who previously worked for them, and he said it was almost constant travel, though I assume because of his skill level they were moving him around as much as possible.

I have highly considered looking into this company, I think I could enjoy a traveling job for awhile, has anyone actually worked their and know any sort of salary range or what type of travel is involved? He spoke very briefly about his experience there, and as a professional courtesy I did not want to ask about salary, but travel is one thing I am very curious about.

Do they fly you around the U.S., internationally, or do you have to drive your own vehicle across state boarders within your region of the US?

Please report back on how your interview goes and what they layout for an offer and duties, I'd be very interested to hear!

Edit:

Wanted to add, it's definitely not a scam, and that place turned him into a networking monster with all the deployments he did. He is now a CCIE Collab and moved onto greater things within my org, and he was happy to get out of traveling all the time, but his time there pounded him into one hell of an engineer by the time he landed in my group.
  • Options
    bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had interviewed with them in the past as well. I was told that the travel is often long term, lasting up to six months in some cases. They fly you down, give you a furnished place to live and fly you back up every weekend to see family and friends (This was over a year ago, things could have changed). The most recent ad that I saw, can't remember where, said it starts out at $20 an hour though I am sure this number grows very quickly. Ahh, if I didn't have a kid up here I would be all over it. Check out Indeed, they're hiring.
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one