Options

ICND1/2 Preparing

Stevo7Stevo7 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, just a quick few questions regarding the ICND1 and 2 exams.

I am taking a break from university to do both of these exams, i want to sit the two individually rather than the composite CCNA exam.

I have the wendell odom cert guide books from 2013 when they changed the exams, are they still current? Has there been word of changing the exam at all? I believe the last one was current from 2008-2013 which is a far while, so im assuming this one will be current for some time?

Also how long on average is going to be needed to sit each exam? I have two semesters off (a good 10 months) so i am hoping this will give me enough time to learn it and pass it. I was going to do my CCNA after i finish university, however it is more beneficial for me to take a break and sit it and get credit off university as a result.

I currently have the following materials:
  • Wendell Odom 100-101 and 200-101 cert guides
  • Cisco press flash cards for the above.
  • CBT Nuggets for 100-101 and 200-101
  • A few 2620xm and 2621xm routers
  • a few 2950 and 3550 switches
  • VM LAB
Im assuming i will have enough materials to learn the content though if anyone can suggest something else?

How will i know when i am ready to sit the ICND1 exam and likewise the ICND2 exam?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have the 2013 books and I passed the CCNA this past February. I used the CCNA books and the Pesrson Simulator. 10 months should be plenty of time to pass them both.

As far as knowing when you're ready, I would say come up with a study plan. Once you've done everything that you've wanted to do to prepare for the test, take the test. I chose to use the books and the Pearson Simulator. I read through the books, did a ll the simulations, and then took some practice tests and took the test. Your study plan doesn't have to look like mine especially since you have the equipment, but make a study plan and at the end of it take the test.