Options

2002 Study Materials

DaveX4285DaveX4285 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well basically I got a hold of a sybex network+ book and have been using that for reference. Only problem is the book is from 2002. Is there any material that is covered in the network+ exam that most likely isnt in the 2002 book. I am CCNA certified so I would say Im fairly knowledgeable about networks, but no where near expert. I was offered to take the network+ exam and be reinbursed so I figured Id take it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    I can't give you any specifics, but I know the Network+ exam has been updated for 2005. Though I don't know the exact differences between the 2005 exam and previous versions...

- Joey
  • Options
    Ive checked the differences from the book and the comptia website. All I can find is maybe some updated wireless concepts. But Im sure there is something else I dont want to miss.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There are a LOT more changes between the N10-002 and the N10-003 exam than the addition of wireless networking. You can download a PDF (another one than the exam objectives) that shows the exact diffferences at:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.comptia.org/certification/Network/objectives.asp

Some major topics are:
    - Wireless networking
    - 10Gigabit Ethernet and connectors such as LC
    - several tcp/ip protocols such as SCP
    - authentication protocols
    - DSL, cable modems, pots/pstn
    - virusses
    - Apple/MAC client config, Apple IP etc.

I've updated several of my Network+ TechNotes that contain many of these 'new' topics:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml

Considering you can expect to get many questions about these new topics, there's a lot not covered in the older study guides. Most of the information is still relevant though, but you will have to fill in the blanks by using additional study material, asking in our forums, or just google for the topics.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot I really appreciate it. Im going to have to brush up on some of those concepts you mention. You guys are a big help :D