Options

HCISPP exam passed

jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
I figured I'd post this here if anyone was interested in the exam. I think beads is the only other one that has taken the exam on techexams. First of all a disclaimer that I have nine years experience in Healthcare IT, so I've been around the block a few times.

Resources used:
Official CBK It honestly isn't that great of a book. It rambles on a lot about subjects that aren't listed in the domain. Also, the editing is pretty poor. There are a few sections where the text is all jumbled together into one big wall of text with no spaces, etc. I would probably just skip this one or use it as a secondary source.

Healthcare Information Security and Privacy by Sean Murphy This book is much better. Before it was printed it was labeled as a HCISPP study guide, but once it came out the name changed. I'm guessing ISC2 stepped in on that or something. It does a pretty good job of covering all the domains. It is probably not quite deep enough for the exam itself.

I could not find any practice exams except for the end of chapter exams in the books. There are no CD test engines with either text. Also, there are no study videos available. ISC2 has a few but there were pretty worthless with someone reading off slides.

Overall, I thought the exam was OK. A lot of stuff was out in left field that I felt that I had actually failed the exam until I saw the paper. If I were to redo it I would probably spend more time researching the links in the Candidate Information Bulletin and focusing on the book by Sean Murphy. Off to endorsement!
WGU grad

Comments

• Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had a number of questions on that exam that felt left field enough to be out of the ballpark and across the street from the parking lot, to be honest.

The exam wasn't the CISSP by any means but hardly a push over as well. If anything I was a bit bored and glad to have it over. Like to hear from someone who took the exam but failed to get another perspective.

Congrats on the exam!

- b/eads
  • Options
    CBMiller18CBMiller18 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the HCISPP! I took it on April 14th and passed on my first attempt. Just a heads up, I submitted my endorsement a few days later and the first notification said 5 weeks, then the second notification said 8 weeks for endorsement.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    CBMiller18CBMiller18 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Update: Officially got my HCISPP designation yesterday. Took about 7 weeks after passing the exam.
  • Options
    Congrats on getting the endorsement. It has only been about 4 weeks for me. The wait continues.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    tjr31tjr31 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those who passed did you attend isc2 virtual training and what other materials did you use to pass. It does not look like any books so far have practice tests.
  • Options
    I did not attend any training or use any practice tests. I have worked in Healthcare IT for almost 10 years, so everyone's mileage may vary.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats, I'll check that book out
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark