Options

Got a Call From a Job Expressing Interest, Haven't Heard Back..Getting Axious

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got a call on Tuesday just out of the blue from a job that I had applied for a few weeks back. The lady said that they were interested in having me in for an interview based on my resume, she also went on to explain the position, hours, and try to get a salary range from me as well. I was told that I would be receiving a call from someone in my area soon, this is a very large ISP and she is based out of St. Louis which is where their headquarters are, the job is up here in MN where I live. I hung the call and was ecstatic...this is EXACTLY the type of opportunity that I have been hoping for, problem is, I haven't heard back. We spoke on Tuesday, I left her a voicemail yesterday and haven't heard back from either her or the guy up here that was supposed to call to set up an interview. Is this typical for large companies? I mean, I am sure there is more red tape but I would have thought that I would have heard back by now. Do I continue to call every other day? Do I just sit back and wait? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stop contacting them. Don't think about them anymore and go about your daily life.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just be patient and enjoy life!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    I wouldn't contact her again. If they want you they'll contact you.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    they dumped you that's as clear as a day
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It can definitely take a while in larger companies. Besides haven't you ever got side tracked?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.