Options

First technical interview for Network Administrator

typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
After 11 years of being in the Army, I am finally getting out in 2 months. I have applied to about 15 places, with 10 still pending a response. I received a call from an MSP in Austin, Texas, and they want to have me speak with their team today for a technical interview. I am crazy nervous, what should I expect from this interview? I have looked at the job description, and there is so much they could ask, what do I say if I don't know? Thanks for any input!
2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2

Comments

• Options
    ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    After 11 years of being in the Army, I am finally getting out in 2 months. I have applied to about 15 places, with 10 still pending a response. I received a call from an MSP in Austin, Texas, and they want to have me speak with their team today for a technical interview. I am crazy nervous, what should I expect from this interview? I have looked at the job description, and there is so much they could ask, what do I say if I don't know? Thanks for any input!

How you work through a problem is more important than answering correctly. With that said, if you've passed a CCENT you are probably ahead of most of your peers at the average MSP.

Don't sweat it. If you don't get the job, not working for a MSP might turn out to be a good thing :)
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you! The interview went well, I was nervous at first, but I eventually settled in and was comfortable. He wants to have a face to face with me in two weeks.

I actually had another opportunity present itself an hour later when I went to a google fiber presentation on Fort Hood. The Google recruiter saw my resume and noticed I was a recruiter for the Army and said they are looking for a Channel Technician (recruiter) with military experience that can translate an applicants experience to a position at Google. That sounds like an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, but not working in IT.

Thanks again for your kind words!
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2