Options

Technical things to study?

I will be sitting my 70-270 in a week from today and have been studying hard now for about the last 3 weeks. I have used the following resources:

Microsoft official course 2285b
Cramsession guide
Plenty of practice exams.

I have a grasp on a lot of the stuff (I think!!), such as shares and permissions, RIS, ICF.etc. My problem is that i have a fear of something on the test coming up that i am not prepared for. I have tried to study everything in these guides and exams, but there is alot and i want to be sure i atleast have some knowledge on everything i might see.

For example i was just going over the technotes on this site, and come across shadow copies of volumes i have heard of this, but have seen not much on it.

So if anyone has sat this exam and come across a subject they were not ready for i would be very appreciative for a heads up. Its always better to be safe than sorry.

Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    jenniferejennifere Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had a couple questions on disk configurations( i.e spanned volumes) and the security analysis and configuration tool. Other questions were on back ups, when to use recovery/last known good configuration, Internet Explorer settings, gpupdate, user profiles, offline files, EFS, power settings, ICF, ICS, RIS, Sysprep and blue tooth. Then rest were permission questions.

I took the test on Monday and passed...I am now getting ready for 70-290 in 2.5 weeks.

Hint: When they give you a network layout, make sure you look at all the IP addresses.....Look for conflicts/duplicates of IP addresses. Also, remember that NT 4.0 does not use Active Directory, neither does Sysprep.

The question layout is just like Transcender practice tests. I was expecting two paragraph "long" questions.....but they were not that long...
    Good Luck to you...
  • Options
    jenniferejennifere Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is how I studied for the exam.

I broke everything down by domain. Studied that section completely and then took as many practice tests on that domain that I could find.
    Then I moved on to the next.

The last two days, I took the Transcender practice tests and used that for my reference/standings. I review my weak areas and went from there...

You should score in the 90% range to be ready for test day. It appeared to me that what I got on the final practice test was what I scored on the actual exam.....but that was me.....
  • Options
    albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
    Congrats on the pass!!

Thanks for the heads up. I still have a week to study so hopefully thats enough time to get my practice exam scores up to around 90%.

Good luck with the 70-290. I sat an eight day course on that and am re-sitting it in 2 weeks to get a better understanding. I thought it was going to be impossible but after studying hard for this exam i can see that as long as you buckle down it will all start to make sense.

At least I hope so anyway come exam time!