642-532

Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
I took, Securing Networks Using Intrusion Prevention Systems, this morning. This was a pretty good test. A little harder than I thought it would be.....I walked out with 3 minutes left on the clock. icon_eek.gif ...

Scored a 9XX. So, I get the INFOSEC letter and move on to the last test for the CCSP....and it is about time...I have been working on this since it was the CSS1 cert. haha

Kenny
Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

Comments

• ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! CNSS/NSA INFOSEC certified (ISSP) nice icon_cool.gif Just one more exam... :D by the way how many items are there in that exam?
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I think it changes depending on the test you get.....If I remember correctly...I had in the low 60s.

I see you have the JNCIS...Is that the FWV or M/T series ? If it is the M/T series, do you plan on sitting the JNCIP Lab?

And another question, just to throw this thread way off course..haha..What are you using to get ready for the Security Lab?

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations Kenny!

Did you use any Cisco certification study guides for this one?
    I get the INFOSEC letter and move on to the last test for the CCSP
    That letter alone has made me consider CCSP too. Even my none-geek friends will understand it icon_wink.gif
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    Congratz....you are one step ahead of me or shoudl I say a couple. Studying for the IPS test right now. What study materials did you use?

I am using the Cisco Press book and the online studymaterial from the Cisco Partner eLearning Connection. Hope that's enough....

Mike
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    I think it changes depending on the test you get.....If I remember correctly...I had in the low 60s.

I see you have the JNCIS...Is that the FWV or M/T series ? If it is the M/T series, do you plan on sitting the JNCIP Lab?

And another question, just to throw this thread way off course..haha..What are you using to get ready for the Security Lab?

Kenny

It's the M series, for the JNCIP I think I'll be taking it up by next year (probably.. icon_cool.gif ).. Not yet ready for JNCIP for planning to get CCSA to CCSE NG, my CCSA will be this coming March.

As for the Security Lab, I'm using IPExpert's materials like the escenarios, audio, the workbook and enrolled myself for 50 vrack sessions from proctor labs. (unfortunately, I don't have all the equipment needed for the security lab.. only have 2 501's, a damaged 515 which can't be RMA'd lol, an old 4210 and a 3002). Have some books as well by Cisco Press (CCIE: Pratical Studies Security...)

Getting very nervous since my exam is getting near (taking it by September). I hope my materials are sufficient to pass the exam in one shot.. (hoping.. icon_rolleyes.gif )
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
    Congratz....you are one step ahead of me or shoudl I say a couple. Studying for the IPS test right now. What study materials did you use?

I am using the Cisco Press book and the online studymaterial from the Cisco Partner eLearning Connection. Hope that's enough....

Mike

I used a lot of the stuff from the previous version exam. (IDS not IPS). I used the Sybex (IDS, safe combo), KnowledgeNet (good stuff w/ practice configurations), and Cisco website and blueprint to fill in the gaps of the newer material. I had studied for this (actually the IDS) exam for quite a while. I tried it over a year ago. During the test I felt great...I thought I had nailed it. When I hit enter, I saw that I had failed (close, but not there). This really pissed me off. So, I put it away until recently.

All I can say is....be very comfortable configuring these devices. I am really liking how Cisco is doing some of their certs now. I won't say anymore. icon_wink.gif

Good luck to you.
    Kenny
    Kenny

ubergeek wrote:
    Ten9t6 wrote:

Kenny

It's the M series, for the JNCIP I think I'll be taking it up by next year (probably.. icon_cool.gif ).. Not yet ready for JNCIP for planning to get CCSA to CCSE NG, my CCSA will be this coming March.

As for the Security Lab, I'm using IPExpert's materials like the escenarios, audio, the workbook and enrolled myself for 50 vrack sessions from proctor labs. (unfortunately, I don't have all the equipment needed for the security lab.. only have 2 501's, a damaged 515 which can't be RMA'd lol, an old 4210 and a 3002). Have some books as well by Cisco Press (CCIE: Pratical Studies Security...)

Getting very nervous since my exam is getting near (taking it by September). I hope my materials are sufficient to pass the exam in one shot.. (hoping.. icon_rolleyes.gif )

yes..it is hard to keep up with all the equipment and cost can get out of control. That is why I use online racks now too.

Try not to stress about the lab. It is not "AS" bad as everyone makes it out to be. Don't get me wrong, it is hard, but doable. Is this the first lab for you?

After I finish my R/S Lab this spring, I will be going back and retaking my Security Written.....since I let it expire.

I will be eventually taking the JNCIP too. I have my JNCIS for M/T and the Netscreen firewalls. If you need anything, as far as training for Juniper Routers, look at IPath. Their trainers are really good. They also have online rack rental now.

Kenny
    Kenny

Thanks for the information Kenny. Yup this willl be my first attempt to tke the lab, after that I might take R/S written. For the JNCIP I might drop the M series and proceed to FWV instead. Been shifting lately to the security certs, planning to have CISSP as well (well a lot of the certs are required from us by our company.. good thing it is reimbursable :D).

Well gonna check out IPath and inquire on the price for their online vRack.

Thanks for the encouragement. Will let you guys know what would be the outcome of my attempt. icon_wink.gif