Options

Whats everyone using for the new cissp?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

So i take it everyone is using the new 4th edition of the CBK book? Are there any other resources being used?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't plan on taking it until late fall, so I'm reading reading Conrad 2nd edition and waiting to see what new material comes out over the summer.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the cybrary cissp course is also in line with the new material, anyone know? Although from watching some random vids is doesnt seem to go into great detail, could be wrong! I now at the stage where i can press ahead with the old material or try (and i mean really try) to read the CBK 4th edition. Its terrible. Its like they put no effort into it, as if it isnt expensive enough. 4% vs 40%, that is the question icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    (and i mean really try) to read the CBK 4th edition. Its terrible. Its like they put no effort into it, as if it isnt expensive enough.

I believe the official book is meant to help you pass the test. I doubt they put any effort into making it a fun read. The questions in the old book were quite good.
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    I think the cybrary cissp course is also in line with the new material, anyone know?

They have a note about updating to the new domains soon, but the current videos are still the old material.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Education for the CISSP has just gotten a tad bit more difficult to relay. As others have pointed out many folks who wrote books on the subject used to take the exam annually to provide the best effort. Others I have known would take the test as a re-certification medium rather than risk the highly dread 10% percent audit.

I myself considered sitting for the exam again just to see what the difference in structures might be. Sounds like less of a history lesson and more forward future thinking with some management bent. If you can't rely on the old authors as in the past or at least every three years between tests we're going to have to rely on many new authors relying on there individual "take" on the exam. Overall that should give the exam(s) a much needed boost in reliability compared to what we have experienced these past several years from the "make something up" crowd.

Though there are people who clearly dislike anything I have to say on the subject its really just part of the CISSP cannon to defend the industry. People who **** and lie to receive a certification of any sort don't do you as a practitioner the slightest bit of good and should be called out and removed.

Its going to be interesting to see how all this unfolds.

Good luck with your exams!

- b/eads