Options

Packet Tracer 6.2 ping timed out problem: pkt file attched

Crsa7Crsa7 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,
i have been requested to create a topology for a company as for my graduation project (the project should depend on CCNP Switching)

at the first stage of implementing and configuring the devices, everything seem work fine, but then when i tried to re-check the ping test between devices, I either get request timed out messages or high latency ping (with 75% lost)

so can you please take a look on the pkt file to find out where the problem is? i also attached the excel file that contains all IPs i used

the files link: https://www.mediafire.com/?t55ffpxmkrvc4dw

* this is the early stage of the project, so i didnt implement the following configuration because of that issue
** As i didnt enable the connection between routers, the problem occurs in every LAN, if i could get the solution, i would be able to connect all routers with no time

and thank you guys in advance

Comments

• Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP Switching would not be using router on a stick design for every spoke network. Each edge router has around 7 sub interfaces. No wonder why there is high packet loss. You are choking that Fast Ethernet link.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Crsa7Crsa7 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    CCNP Switching would not be using router on a stick design for every spoke network. Each edge router has around 7 sub interfaces. No wonder why there is high packet loss. You are choking that Fast Ethernet link.
    thank you sir for your reply, from your perspective, what do you suggest? using gigabit ethernet port on the router instead of fast ethernet? or will the amount of packet loss would be less if i use 2 fast ethernet ports for the whole sub interfaces?

and for the routers, the college allowed me to use either routers or layer-3 switches for the topology, as my main task is to focus on the switches not routers. but, as i never used layer 3 switches for routing tasks before, is there any major diff between them and routers? sorry sir if i bothered you
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To get you pointed in the right direction, you will need to have an L3 switch for intervlan routing. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/inter-vlan-routing/41260-189.pdf
    This document will help you out. The design goal would be to keep the edge routers with basic duties. Frame Relay, NAT from your inside network to outside and VPN functions. L3 switches can route almost at the Data Plane speed using CEF and the ASIC chip vs a router that will need CPU cycles for each packet. You will route from the L3 switch up to the router via IGRP of your choice. The design goal is to be able to scale your network at ease and allow quick trouble shooting and replacement of equipment when stuff breaks. Most mid size companies use a collapsed core design with and edge router and a L3 switch for the Dist layer and Access layer. Dual L3 switches running HSRP is awesome and redundant but most companies don't have the budget to support the cost. Is frame relay required for this lab? If it is not then I would make the cloud use static routes to the branch offices and BGP for routing between different AS's to simulate the internet. Frame Relay is really a legacy way of routing and is going away. Most companies keep it around until it breaks then replace it with MPLS/BGP and use VTI VPN tunnels or the new flex VPN. Just remember during your networking career, The more complicated you make your networks the harder it is to troubleshoot and get it back up and running.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln