Options

Is there any screen shots of Win 9x-2k GUI?

huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Since I currently don't have access to Windows 9x, ME, and 2k, it would be very helpful if there is a site which contains images of each OS, their functions and their locations. For example, the fuctions on the settings menu under 98 Start menu in the following link.
Start>Settings
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/facilities/studentcomputing/residences/support/self_help/settings/win98/win98_startmenu.png

Start>Programs>Accessories>Calculator
http://www.thirdage.com/features/tech/booster/desktop/img/bb_basics_3.gif

If other people can provide pictures of other important functions it would be very helpful. Thx in advance.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you don't have access to older OS's you may inquire at CBT nuggets on the left to see if they may have some older training material still available.

I've not run into screen shots of the OS's in the manner in which you are looking for them. Good luck with the search.

Why are you unable to find some old OS's? Have you inquired at your local computer stores? How about schools?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Why are you unable to find some old OS's? Have you inquired at your local computer stores? How about schools?

Forgive me for being inquisitive, but are you suggesting that I go out and buy them and install on another computer? Or those places will allow me to access older OSes?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you don't have copies, that maybe you can find them available for sale at the store or maybe they can order them.

Consider it part of the cost of education. If you were in college, you'd be expected to buy certain supplies and texts. Certain career choices are like this too. I've paid for all my own career training as has many of the people I worked with and those I currently work with. While I have heard of a few who have had some things paid for, the rest of us have paid for things we needed to better ourselves.

So, it may include trial versions of software (provided it's not something we need much practice with) to full license copies. You may find an old system pretty inexpensive that has 98 or 95 installed.

It is possible, you may find an opportunity at a local computer store whereby they have some lab-test equipment set up and you could rent time, exchange work service, etc..

So, your question is valid and I could have been more specific.

Maybe the "Teach yourself 'x' visually" books would be of some use for you. However, I cannot imagine it would be even close to the experience and knowledge you'd gain by looking at the stuff first-hand.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Whiteice27Whiteice27 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd probably suggest you to get Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 to play around with older Operating systems, it will give you great hands on experince.
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?