Symantec Training

Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
My manager told me that they are sending some people for training on "Symantec Netbackup administration" and "Symantec Enterprise Vault (for MS Exchange)" and asked me if I am interested to go for those training. Currently I am working as an IT Support Engineer and I also work with our Backup/Storage team. Are those training gonna add some value in my CV or for my future career? Anyone went for any of those training before? How are those training like? I saw in the brochure and it says each of those are 5 day long training and the training will be given hands-on.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I took Netbackup training directly with Symantc several years ago. They are no different than any other vendor training. They give you a set of books and access to a lab? In my case this was a few Windows machines, a *NIX machine, and an LTO robot. Modules are discussed, then labs aredone. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Does it add value? Of course! This is not Windows backup we are talking about here. Netbackup is a widely deployed enterprise backup solution. Big companies have teams dedicated to just backups. If we talk ROI that's a different topic but since it seems your company is footing the bill I say that's the least of your worries.

I say go for it and don't look back.