Just passed my 801!!!

SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to let y'all know that I just passed my 801 with a 726. Not a stellar score, but passing is passing right?

Also wanted to pass along a valuable step in the process of preparation that I haven't seen mentioned yet on here and that's prayer. Well it doesn't have to be prayer, but just a calming of the mind maybe a moment of meditation, whatever you want to call it.

My previous job required me to take a lot of standardized exams like this. I was a mortgage broker and we had to take a test for each state that we were licenced in as well as a federal test. One of my co-workers at that job passed along the idea of praying before a test, and not being religious, I laughed. But again, doesn't have to be a prayer to God or whatever you believe in, but just a moment of meditation and calming your mind prior to actually clicking on "Start Test" at the testing center.

Still waters run deep and it's been my experience that I can recall what I know a lot easier and clearer if I'm not frazzled by the environment of the testing center and personally taking a moment to close my eyes and calm my mind helps.

Anyway, take from it what you will. Now I'm on to 802!

Comments

• f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    Good job on passing! Good luck on the 802!
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif Good luck on the 802 exam
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks y'all!

I really can't even tell you how awesome the community has been on this forum.

To anyone who hasn't done so sign-up and get involved. These are hard tests and reading other people's experiences and encouragement goes a long way.
  • TreyClem18TreyClem18 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm currently studying my review sheet in hopes of taking once pay day comes. How were the performace based questions? As in level of difficulty, not questions asked.
    2015 certification goals: A+ (completed 6/2015); Network+ and CCENT
  • SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The performance questions weren't that hard for me. Just be sure to read the question slow and understand what they are asking you to do. One of the questions seemed kinda straight forward, but as I read the through it thoroughly, I realized they wanted more then the obvious. So be sure to read the problem through a few times to make sure that fully understand what they were looking for. Remember that they are trying to trick you to make sure you know not only what to do, but also that you know what not to do.

80 questions in 90 minutes really gives you a lot of time so don't rush it, think slow, and if you don't know it you can flag it and come back to it, even the performance questions. Good luck man, you'll do fine, don't over think it.