I am not sure how my job interview went

Justin400Justin400 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I applied for a sales role at bestbuy selling computers. In my opinion he liked all my answers. He was smiling and nodding when I answered his questions. I interviewed with the Geek Squad Sr. Manager, and not the sales manager. I have no previous sales experience other than working at Carmike selling concessions. I had an existing employee recommend me. I prepared a copy of my Certificate and my resume. When the Interview concluded we shook hands and he said it was nice to meet me and if they decide I am a good fit they will call back for a second interview.

Comments

• LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For lower-end jobs I've noticed it's pretty difficult to tell how it's going. I.e. you'll have an interview and it feels like you and the manager are instant best buddies, are on the same wavelength, have the same ideas, and then you never hear back again. Or, you flub half the answers, the interviewer is a Gestapo interrogator who wants to know every little thing, you're literally pushed out the door in 20 minutes, and then you have a callback and a job offer pending a criminal record check.

For professional jobs, it's usually possible to tell they're at least seriously considering you if they are suddenly discussing building amenities, benefit plan, possible compensation, and trying to sell the company to you (instead of the other way around).

But in any case, hope it goes well :) From there you can hop onto help desk pretty easily.
  • Justin400Justin400 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LeBroke wrote: »
    For lower-end jobs I've noticed it's pretty difficult to tell how it's going. I.e. you'll have an interview and it feels like you and the manager are instant best buddies, are on the same wavelength, have the same ideas, and then you never hear back again. Or, you flub half the answers, the interviewer is a Gestapo interrogator who wants to know every little thing, you're literally pushed out the door in 20 minutes, and then you have a callback and a job offer pending a criminal record check.

For professional jobs, it's usually possible to tell they're at least seriously considering you if they are suddenly discussing building amenities, benefit plan, possible compensation, and trying to sell the company to you (instead of the other way around).

But in any case, hope it goes well :) From there you can hop onto help desk pretty easily.

It looks like I didn't get it, the listing was removed a day after my interview and my HR status is noted as "No longer under consideration", but it was an overall good experience for me. My first job, at Carmike, my interviewer was like the gestapo interrogator and literally wanted to know everything about me, and I answered the questions poorly. It was the worst job interview I've had. But, I was offered the job on the spot.
  • TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep your head up, when one door closes, another opens. I worked a staples all throughout college, I was an Easytech. I sold and repaired pcs. It wasnt the greatest paying job, but the hands of experience i got was well worth it. Try applying at Staples
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah keep trying, I did Staples work as well and it's nothing fancy but it gets experience on your resume!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)