Presidio

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
What does anybody think about Presidio? Good or bad comments? I'm in the process of talking to them right now.

Comments

• ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They got a good bunch over at Presidio. I know a guy from the forums(very knowledgeable, knows his stuff well!) and we had a couple guys come in and talk design for our server/storage infrastructure. They put some good ideas on the board that I was able to expand on. Unfortunately, I was never able to pull the trigger do to cost. My company won't pay for the good stuff.

The design included Cisco UCS, Nimble or NetApp, and VMware.

Is this for a job or bringing in consultants?
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    That's a hard question to answer easily. I think most partners vary by location. (Fake example) Maybe WWT might have a lot of strong voice engineers in the east coast but just have guys who run canned scripts out here. I've seen a lot of partners who have an "A-Team" for certain architectures in one region and another region is just full of duds so mileage and experience may vary. Someone saying that their PS experience with Presidio in Texas might not reflect the same experience someone in your region might have.

Are you thinking of using them for managed services, PS work or just buying gear? For PS work, see if they've got some local client endorsements in the same business vertical you're in and the architecture you're looking for. If it's buying gear, they're a gold partner so they should get a good discount for you. The only thing I would say is spot-check the solutions architect's recommendations regardless of the partner just to make sure everything added that you need and the bill of materials is not bloated in other areas. For Managed Services, well... just know what you're getting in that one. You typically don't have the CCIE-leveled professionals monitoring and troubleshooting your network in those practices but that's to be expected.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've dealt with them before. The one interview they sent me on, I did well, but didn't get the role. The dude who i dealt with occassionally checks in on me to see how i'm doing, and if i'm looking. Most of the roles he has i'm not interested in, but i appreciate that he contacts me to let me know he has an opportunity...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use Presidio. Just to put in tickets with our ISPs mostly. We do all of our engineering. I'm still too new to have an opinion but everyone I work with generally regards them relatively low/incompetent.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I worked for them for quite some time. I think working there set me apart from all of the other people who do VoIP. There hasn't been any situation that I've felt uncomfortable working in since working at presidio. I'll have to agree with Iris though was that in the area I worked in "mid atlantic" in this case was very deep with talent so it made that possible.

I can't speak on managed services since I wasn't in that department, but Professional services it was very few people who had the talent level that we had.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I'm new at my current job but so far they have been helpful. Seems the Seniors and everyone else here have a good opinion about them.
    meh
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a meeting with them a while ago. An account manager, an engineer, and a talker. Not quite sure what the talker's role was, but he sure did like to hear himself talk. Meeting starts out with the account manager asking me what issues I need help with. I start to explain and i'm interrupted by the talker who precedes to tell me what my issues are. After he shuts up, the account manager asks me again and again i'm interrupted. When it happens the third time, I just keep talking until the talker takes the hint. The account manager picks up on some technical issues and hands the discussion to the engineer, but unfortunately the engineer wants to talk about a managerial issue that came up during the conversation. I explain that it may be an issue, but that it is for our CEO and board to decide and I would rather focus on the technical issues that I need help with. He doesn't let it go. After an hour of wasted time, I called an end to the meeting.

They seem to have a good rep and I know of some talented people that work for them, but after that meeting, I have looked for other partners.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Thanks guys. This is a job opening for the west region. Im in the process of going through the 3rd interview. The position is Sr Consulting Engineer.
  • rebelutionrebelution Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I worked with them at my last job and they have some talented guys that do a good job. I can say that the one guy we had help us with Cisco ISE was top notch and works for Cisco now as one of their ISE SME's. So I think you could work for worse companies. It did seem like long demanding hours though, not sure if that matters to you at all (i.e. - we had a VoIP install that lasted roughly 16 or so hours with the Presidio guy trying to fix a lot of misconfigurations from another Presidio employee). My .02.