Options

70-243 Needed if I get MCSE 2012:PC?

roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
Question about 70-243. If I get an MCSE 2012 Private Cloud, will this cover enough of the SCCM concepts that I wouldn't also need 70-243? The reason I ask is that I know a lot of government contracts are moving to SCCM. I'd like to prove knowledge with just an MCSE PC. But I'm just completing an MCSA right now...so still mapping out the rest. Anyone have insight?
浪人 MSISA:WGU
ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    MCSE Private Cloud assumes you already have the kind of knowledge you'd gain from studying for the 70-243. If you're light on SCCM 2012 R2 experience, go for the stand-alone exam first, before hitting up MCSE Private Cloud. If you're already comfortable working with and setting up SCCM 2012 R2, then go straight for the MCSE and skip 70-243.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently completed 243 and didn't find it too difficult, I studied for around 3-5hrs 6 days per week for 3 weeks.

I do wonder why it's an MCTS and not an MCP though I'm guessing because it's not part of a MCSE track and is just an individual exam ???

I was thinking about starting the messaging exams next week but now I'm wondering if I should do the private cloud ones.