Options

Question about Job placement

Discoman45Discoman45 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

My name is John and I am concerned about what to do in the situation that I am in.
I work at a bank in New York in help desk. I have been working their for about 7 months now and I am a contractor.
Unfortunately, I am in a situation where I just do not know what to do. I just met this nice person in the lunch room the other day that works on a different technology team in the company. We were talking about where we went to college and about technology as a whole. While we were talking he asked me about what type of technology that I prefer and where I would see myself. I said I would like to get into information security. He was hesitate to say what he wanted to say, but he eventually said to me that their is an open information security position about to come through and that they may want hire young blood to train. He then told me that this job has not been posted yet. The problem here is that I'm just a contractor and this is my second IT job and that I have only been at this bank for 7 months. My managers still have not decided to hire me yet. They keep telling me how good I'm doing and what not but i'm confused because they have four open position I feel as if I'm being taken advantage of. I'm not sure what else I have to do to get full time. My question here is that should I approach this offer even though it could be risky or should I just wait it out. The only reason why I ask this because I'm not sure what to do. I would really appreciate it if someone could lend a hand. By the way I'm only 23 years old if that helps any.
My dream is to get into information security but I didn't know it would be thrown my way this soon.

Regards,
John

Comments